Suit for past rent

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: California

I lived with someone for a year and they never paid rent, now they are suing me for the month they stayed after I moved out. Can I sue them for the half of the rent they didn't pay for that whole year?


Yes--Based on what you say here, you could probably file suit against him (or at least threaten to do so) in small claims court or in regular court; filing in small claims court is easier and requires no could try to collect all of the costs and damages that you suffered due to his behavior...
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.