Mentioned in ?
- accession agreements
- acquis communautaire
- Acts of Union
- alliance of workers
- American Federation of Labor—Congress of Industrial Organizations
- Anti-Ballistic-Missile Treaty of 1972
- Arms Control and Disarmament
- Back to Work Agreement
- Bargaining Agent
- Brief for Appellants in Nos. 1, 2 and 4 and for Respondents
- Certification Proceeding
- Chávez, César Estrada
- Closed Shop
- collective bargaining
References in classic literature ?
The other unions will be ground out of existence--all of them.
And the same with all the other unions outside the combination.
Whether or not the "settlement" was simply a trick of the packers to gain time, or whether they really expected to break the strike and cripple the unions by the plan, cannot be said; but that night there went out from the office of Durham and Company a telegram to all the big packing centers, "Employ no union leaders.
Yet ten years before, when there were no unions in Packingtown, there was a strike, and national troops had to be called, and there were pitched battles fought at night, by the light of blazing freight trains.
They'll church you if you sip a dram, And damn you if you steal a lamb; Yet rob old Tony, Doll, and Sam, Of human rights, and bread and ham; Kidnapper's heavenly union.
They'll loudly talk of Christ's reward, And bind his image with a cord, And scold, and swing the lash abhorred, And sell their brother in the Lord To handcuffed heavenly union.
Descending from these general principles, we find the proposition that in legal contemplation the Union is perpetual confirmed by the history of the Union itself.
That we may form a juster estimate with regard to this interesting subject, let us resort to the actual dimensions of the Union.
Although Defoe did all he could to bring the Union about he felt for and with the poor distracted people.
In pursuance of the plan which I have laid down for the discussion of the subject, the point next in order to be examined is the "insufficiency of the present Confederation to the preservation of the Union.
From the first, the Western Union relied more upon its strength than upon the merits of its case.
Still continuing no less attached to union than enamored of liberty, they observed the danger which immediately threatened the former and more remotely the latter; and being pursuaded that ample security for both could only be found in a national government more wisely framed, they as with one voice, convened the late convention at Philadelphia, to take that important subject under consideration.
Legal browser ?
- unintermitted continuance
- uninterrupted connection
- uninterrupted existence
- uninterrupted in course
- uninvited attendance
- uninvited entry
- Unio prolium
- union of action
- union of factions
- Union Shop
- unique feature
- unissued stock
- unit of being
- unite by compact
- unite efforts
- unite efforts with
- unite for a common purpose
- unite in a federation
- unite in a league
- unite ones efforts
- unite with
- united action
- united body
- United Farm Workers of America
- united front
Full browser ?
- Uniono por la Linguo Internaciona Ido
- Unions and Nipples
- Unions Chrétiennes de Genève
- Unions des Syndicats de Pharmaciens d'Officine
- Unions for Jobs and the Environment
- Unions of Conjunctive Queries
- Unions Professionnelles des Médecins Libéraux
- Unions Régionales des Ingénieurs et Scientifiques
- Uniontown Branch Public Library
- Uniontown Industrial Equipment Co.
- Unionville Chadds Ford Education Foundation
- Unionville Chadds Ford School District
- Unionville High School
- Unionville Minor Hockey Association
- Unionville Minor Softball Association
- Unionville Slow Pitch League
- Unionville United Pentecostal Church
- Unionville Village Improvement Association
- Unionville-Chadds Ford
- Unionville-Sebewaing Area
- Unios Hermanos Proletarios
- uniovular twins
- uniovular twins
- uniovular twins