Mentioned in ?
- "The Civil Rights Cases"
- Armed Services
- Arrested for felony assault
- Becket, Saint Thomas
- Brief for Respondent
- Brief for the Petitioners
- Can a judge change a written contract between parties?
- Charge' des affaires or charge' d'affaires
- Compromise and Settlement
- consumer protection
References in periodicals archive ?
Motivation (causing mands), environmental events (causing tacts), another speaker's speech (causing echoics), printed or other visual stimuli (causing textuals), one's own speech (causing intraverbals) and the audience (producing an effect on those verbal operants) exemplify the six kinds of stimulus control of the first five kinds of verbal operants.
Instead, Skinner proposed that the number and strength of variables present in a given situation determines the selection of verbal operants.
In his book Verbal Behavior, Skinner (1957) defined language as a learned behavior that is established by its antecedents and its consequences in the same manner that nonverbal behavior is acquired.
Different verbal behaviors are acquired during the course of development, each with a specific function, which Skinner termed verbal operants.
A source of confusion in the field of SLP has been in defining the terms "speech," "language," "communication," and "verbal." Reports of a student including phrases such as "not verbal," or "non-verbal," can lead to erroneous conclusions.
Skinner's definition also helps us to identify behaviors of a student that are not verbal behavior.
In speaking to issues relevant to human verbal behavior, B.
The purpose of this commentary is to provide a brief overview of one perspective on the progress and challenges involved with developing a science of verbal behavior (Leigland, 2001).
Key words: verbal behavior, Verbal Behavior, behavior analysis, B.
In 1957, Skinner published the book Verbal Behavior, in which he proposed a new way of understanding the phenomenon that has been treated and traditionally known as "language." Skinner's proposal differs greatly from other theories that also seek to study and explain language.
(3) The misconception that just doing, for example mand and intraverbal training, or using an assessment tool associated with VB (e.g., the BLAF, ABLLS, VB-MAPP) one is now "doing verbal behavior." On a number of occasions I've encountered situations where the word "requesting" is replaced with the word "manding" in the training material and on the data sheets and the program is then presented as a "verbal behavior program." While this is a step in the right direction, the use of Skinner's analysis of verbal behavior as a foundation for an assessment and intervention program is far more complex than just doing requesting or mand training.
Although the behavioral treatment techniques used in speech and language training are based on Skinner's experimenta1 analysis of behavior (Skinner, 1953) and the resulting operant conditioning techniques, academic training of SLPs do not seem to include the behavioral (operant) view of verbal behavior to any significant extent (See Table 1).
Legal browser ?
- Venire Facias
- Venire facias de novo
- Venter inspiciendo
- Venter or ventre
- Veray tenant
- Verba aequivoca ac in dubio sensu posita
- Verba aliquid operari debent
- Verba currentis monetae
- Verba dicta de persona
- Verba fortius accipientur contra proferentum
- Verba ganeralia restringuntur ad habilitatem rei vel personae
- Verba generalia generaliter sunt intelligenda
- Verba intentioni
- Verba ita sunt intelligenda
- Verba nihil operandi melius est quam absurde
- Verba posteriora propter certitudinem addita
- verbal injury
- Verbal note
- Verbal process
- vergens ad inopiam
- Veritas demonstrationis tollit errorem nominis
- Veritas nihil veretur nisi abscondi
- Veritas nimium altercando amittitur
- Veritatem qui non libere pronunciat
- Vertical Merger
- Vested remainder
- Vesture of land
- Vetera statuta
- Veterans Affairs Department
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Veterans' Rights
Full browser ?
- Verbally and Mathematically Precocious Youth
- Verbally Initiated Release System
- Verband Aargauer Volkstheater
- Verband Aargauischer Elektro-Installationsfirmen
- Verband Angestellter Akademiker
- Verband Ausbildung Konstrukteure Bern
- Verband Basler Elektro Installationsfirmen
- Verband Basler Speditions-Logistiker
- Verband Bayerischer Lokalrundfunk
- Verband Bayerischer Zeitungsverleger eV
- Verband Beratender Ingenieure
- Verband Bernischer Jugendmusiken
- Verband Bildung und Erziehung
- Verband Biologie, Biowissenschaften Und Biomedizin in Deutschland
- Verband Biologisch Technischer Assistenten
- Verband Brandenburgischer Segler
- Verband Christlicher Hotels
- Verband Christlicher Pfadfinderinnen und Pfadfinder
- Verband de Deutschen Munzenhandler
- Verband der Agrargewerblichen Wirtschaft
- Verband der Anbieter Von Telekommunikations und Mehrwertdiensten
- Verband der Automobilindustrie
- Verband Der Automobilindustrie E.V.
- Verband der Betreiber Schweizerischer Abfallverwertungsanlagen
- Verband der Blinden- und Sehbehindertenpädagogen und -pädagoginnen eV
- Verband Der Chemischen Industrie
- Verband der Cigarettenindustrie
- Verband der Deutsch-Amerikanischen Clubs
- Verband der Deutschen Dental-Industrie eV
- Verband der Deutschen Milchwirtschaft
- Verband der Diagnostica-Industrie eV
- Verband der Diätassistenten-Deutscher Bundesverband