Wants to kick roomate out that is not on lease

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: New York

I am a tenant in a rent controlled apt I am in my late 60's. I have been living in my apt. for 35 years, this is the question I have a room mate living with me for the last five years he pays me half the rent, now I do not want him in my apt. any more, his name is not on my lease. I never told my landlord he has been living with me. He does not want to move, is it easy to get him out, does he have a right to stay in my apt. Can he fight me in court please let me know what to do?


You have to evict him in local court but it is easy to do.most courts have simple forms for evictions as well.
These questions and answers are provided by WORLDLawDirect.com. ©2000 - 2007 by WORLDLawDirect.com, Inc.