Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
By contrast, the process by which the Melbourne wharfies rid themselves of the dreaded National Service Bureau, set up by the Federal Government in 1917, thereby also ridding themselves (or at least nullifying the influence of) the scabs it recruited, has not been established.
She mentions elsewhere in her narrative that the Melbourne wharfies took strike action in 1919:
(6) Beasley is correct in stating that the Dethridge Royal Commission was a response to the industrial action taken by the Melbourne wharfies at the same time as the seamen walked off the job in May 1919.
The industrial dilemma facing the wharfies in Fremantle, Melbourne and Sydney in 1919 was a consequence of the hard line taken by conservative state and federal governments in late 1917.
Gladys O'Shane's early political experiences were as a wharfie's wife.
(59) Joe McGinness and fellow wharfie Joe Guivarra, Gladys O'Shane, a member of the WWF Women's Committee, and pensioner Harold Jackson described as a 'courageous fighter for his people' were reported as comprising the inaugural executive.
Queensland cane-cutters and wharfies seemed more open to new ideas, and more attracted to communist ideology than labourers in other parts of rural Australia.
(34) Concetta Fierravanti-Wells, quoted in Michael Bodey, 'Bias fears over ABC wharfie war series', The Australian, 12 August 2006, http://www.the australian.news.com.au/story/0,20867, 20098910-7582,00.html Accessed 1 October 2006.
(27) Their productions about wharfies, miners and other workers that recorded their struggles for safe and just working conditions offered a legacy influential on Zubrycki's films.
H: Overhearing a conversation--a wharfie's wife phoning in and saying that she needed money out of the bank account, and the man telling her that there was only eighty dollars left.
Every time I see a group of seagulls sitting--I used to drive him to work and he'd say to me, `Hazel, that's the dead wharfies having a meeting'.
When they say if it starts to rain the wharfies stop work, they don't realise that the wharfies are walking around on slippery, dangerous decks and they need to stop work.
Legal browser ?
- Welch, Joseph Nye
- Welfare fraud
- Well knowing
- Wells-Barnett, Ida Bell
- Welsh Assembly
- Welsh mortgage
- Welsh v. United States
- Wesley, Carter Walker
- West Coast Hotel Co. v. Parrish
- West Legal Directory
- West Saxon Lage
- Westminster Hall
- Westminster, First Statute of
- Westminster, Second Statute of
- wet reckless
- What a man cannot transfer
- What does "counts" of murder mean?
- What does a petition for Order Striking Untimely Filed Claims mean?
- What is a codicil?
- What is the punishment for 11377 (A) and 496 PC?
- What is the punishment for communicating with prostitution?
- What is the statute of limitations for rape TX?
- What is ultra vires?
- What Shall Be Done with the Practice of the Courts?
- Wheaton v. Peters
- Wheaton, Henry
- When and where
- When does lease end/what are the obligations?
- When many join in one act
- When no time is limited
- When the common law and statute law concur
- When the foundation fails
- When the law gives anything
- When the law presumes the affirmative
Full browser ?
- Wharf boat
- wharf rat
- wharf rat
- Wharfage Rates
- Wharfage Rates
- Wharfedale Family History Group
- Wharfedale Rail Users' Group
- Wharfedale Technologies Inc.
- wharfing out
- Wharton Alliance for Social Responsibility
- Wharton and Northern Railroad
- Wharton Asian-American Association of MBAs
- Wharton Brook State Park
- Wharton Business Legal Association
- Wharton Business Plan Competition
- Wharton Center for Applied Research
- Wharton China Business Forum
- Wharton Club of New York
- Wharton Club of Northern California