Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
We call upon those who can effect change within the Canadian health-care system to recognize the value of Aboriginal healing practices and use them in the treatment of Aboriginal patients in collaboration with Aboriginal healers and Elders where requested by Aboriginal patients.
Final report of the Aboriginal Healing Foundation: Volume II, measuring progress: Program evaluation.
Aboriginal Healing Foundation Executive Director DeGagne (2005) further warns, "We recognize that, on both sides, there are those either unprepared for or uninterested in reconciliation" (p.
A parallel Aboriginal Healing Foundation was created at the same time, although it lost its funding in March of 2010.
From Brant Castellano's reflections of women's foundational community activism in the 1970s in places as diverse as Iqaluit and Toronto, to the organizing involved in the creation of the Aboriginal Healing and Wellness Strategy in the 1980s, to women's testimonials in the Royal Commission on Aboriginal People in the 1990s and the current struggles around residential schooling and the Aboriginal Healing Foundation, the author provides us with an intimate roadmap of the activist journeys that an entire generation of Aboriginal women have taken towards community healing and redress.
15, each faced with one count of theft over $5000 for funding the band received from the Aboriginal Healing Foundation in 2004 and 2005.
That was at the beginning when the Aboriginal Healing Foundation (AHF) had come in the picture," she recalls.
Among the topics are intervention difficulties between Inuit clients and non-Inuit workers, the McGill University certificate program in aboriginal social work practice, learning from students about strengths and weaknesses of a specialized program, social work education and indigeneity in New Zealand, and aboriginal healing practices in mainstream social work education programs.
In many instances both Aboriginal healing beliefs and biomedicine are essentialised and reified, with much of the variation within both of these approaches being forgotten.
The Catholics will provide $25 million of"in-kind" services for aboriginal healing and another $25 million for "reconciliation" programs.
Funding for the Aboriginal Healing and Wellness strategy, a partnership between the Ontario government and 15 Aboriginal organizations, has increased its funding to $38.
The budget includes a commitment of $345 million over the next five years for First Nations early learning and child care, special education and child and family services, as well as $340 million over the next five years for on reserve housing, Aboriginal languages and culture and continued funding of the Aboriginal Healing Foundation.
Legal browser ?
- abolish the organization of
- abominable crime
- aboriginal healing
- aborted attempt
- abortive effort
- abounding in error
- about to happen
- above all
- above all price
- above all value
- above appraisal
- above average
- above meanness
- above par
- above pettiness
- above suspicion
Full browser ?
- Aboriginal Education and Training Directorate
- Aboriginal Education and Training Strategy
- Aboriginal Education Consultative Group, Inc
- Aboriginal Education Direct Assistance
- Aboriginal Education Officer
- Aboriginal Education Provincial Advisory Committee
- Aboriginal Education Research Network
- Aboriginal Education Strategic Initiatives Program
- Aboriginal Employment, Education and Training Committee
- Aboriginal Enriched Support Program
- Aboriginal Enterprise Development Officer Program
- Aboriginal Enterprises in Mining, Exploration and Energy
- Aboriginal Environmental Health Workers
- Aboriginal Environmental Reclamation Corporation
- Aboriginal Ethics Working Group
- Aboriginal Evangelical Fellowship
- Aboriginal Family Decision Making
- Aboriginal Family Futures Program
- Aboriginal Financial Officers Association
- Aboriginal First Nations
- Aboriginal First Year Experience Program
- Aboriginal Fisheries Strategy
- Aboriginal Front Door Society
- Aboriginal Government Employees Network
- Aboriginal Governors Working Group
- Aboriginal Group Training
- Aboriginal Head Start Association of British Columbia
- Aboriginal Head Start in Urban and Northern Communities
- Aboriginal Head Start on Reserve
- Aboriginal Head Start Program
- aboriginal healing
- Aboriginal Healing and Wellness Strategy
- Aboriginal Health and Medical Research Council
- Aboriginal Health and Wellness Advisory Committee
- Aboriginal Health and Wellness Centre
- Aboriginal Health Association of British Columbia
- Aboriginal Health Council of South Australia
- Aboriginal Health Council of Western Australia
- Aboriginal Health Education Officers
- Aboriginal Health Promotion and Chronic Care
- Aboriginal Health Provider Education Summit
- Aboriginal Health Worker Career Structure
- Aboriginal Healthy Babies Healthy Children
- Aboriginal Healthy Babies Program
- Aboriginal Heritage Information Management System
- Aboriginal Home Ownership Scheme
- Aboriginal Homelessness Committee Caucus
- Aboriginal Hospital Liaison Officer
- Aboriginal Housing and Infrastructure Directorate
- Aboriginal Human Capital Strategies Initiative
- Aboriginal Human Resource Development Agreement
- Aboriginal Human Resource Development Council
- Aboriginal Human Resources Development Council of Canada
- Aboriginal Human Resources Development Strategy
- Aboriginal International Business Development
- Aboriginal Islander Dance Theatre
- Aboriginal Islander Skills Development Scheme
- Aboriginal Justice Advisory Council
- Aboriginal Justice Implementation Commission
- Aboriginal Justice Learning Network
- Aboriginal Justice Plan