Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
8 (BNA): His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa today issued Royal Order 20/2019, appointing puisne judges, advocates-general, court presidents and chief prosecutors.
Second: Court presidents and advocates-general at the High Civil Court of Appeal:
The partial renewal will see the term of office of 14 judges and five advocates-general expire on 6 October 2018.
With the appointment of Mr Hogan, the Council has, since February 2018, appointed a total of 12 judges and four advocates-general for a term of office running from 7 October 2018 to 6 October 2024.
Three new advocates-general will be appointed to the EU Court of Justice, rather than one or two, as proposed by the Portuguese EU Presidency in Luxembourg (see Europolitics 3393) and at the start of the night of negotiations on 18 October at the Lisbon European Council.
The other 21 member states will also be able to appoint an advocate-general on a rotating basis every 24 years, rather than every 56 years, as a result of the increase in the number of advocates-general - from three to five - appointed on that basis.
On 6 October 2018, the term of office of 14 judges and five advocates-general will expire.
The ECJ has 25 judges, one from each member state, and eight advocates-general. The Court of First Instance has 25 judges, one from each member state, and no advocates-general.
Advocates-General act with complete impartiality and independence and the Court of Justice is not bound by their Opinions.
On 28 February 2018, the representatives of the governments of the member states appointed nine judges and three advocates-general to the Court of Justice of the European Union.
Mr Yves Bot (France), Mr Giovanni Pitruzzella (Italy) and Mr Maciej Szpunar (Poland) were appointed as advocates-general. The appointment of Mr Bot and Mr Szpunar was a renewal of their term of office.
The Opinions of the Advocates-General are not binding, but in practice they are upheld by the full Court in four cases out of five.The Opinion, if upheld, would fill in one of the unanswered questions after 1995 Bosman ruling which outlawed quotas on non-nationals in football clubs.
Legal browser ?
- Adversary Proceeding
- Adversary System
- Adverse Interest
- adverse party
- adverse possession
- Advertising error, liability
- Advertising Standards Authority
- Advice and Consent
- Advisory Conciliation and Arbitration Service
- Advisory Jury
- advisory opinion
- advocate depute
- Advocate General for Scotland
- aemulationem vicini
- Aequilas sequitier legem
- Aequitas agit in personam
- Aequum et bonum
- Aestimatio praeteriti delicti ex postremo facto nunquam crescit
- Affidatio dominorum
- affiliation order
- Affiliation Proceeding
- affiliation proceedings
- Affinitas affinitatis
Full browser ?
- Advocates for Primate Empowerment
- Advocates for Prostituted Women and Girls
- Advocates for Religious Rights and Freedoms
- Advocates for Remote Work and the Virtual Office
- Advocates for Reproductive Choice in Healthcare
- Advocates for Responsible Disposal in Texas
- Advocates for Safe Glass, Inc.
- Advocates for Services for the Blind Multihandicapped
- Advocates for Sexual Assault Prevention
- Advocates for Special Kids
- Advocates for Survivors of Child
- Advocates for Survivors of Domestic Violence
- Advocates for the American Osteopathic Association
- Advocates for the Disabled
- Advocates for the Jewish Mentally Ill
- Advocates for the Mentally Ill and Disadvantage
- Advocates for the North Mill Pond
- Advocates for the Oak Ridge Reservation
- Advocates for the Underdog
- Advocates for Women in Science, Engineering and Mathematics
- Advocates for Youth
- Advocates for Youth Justice
- Advocates in Defense of Expression in the Media
- Advocates of Gender Education and Health Information
- Advocates of Simplicity in Dating
- Advocates Reforming Medical Standards
- Advocates Supporting Solutions in Education Together
- Advocates to End Domestic Violence
- Advocates to End Homelessness
- Advocates to Revitalize Cultural and Historic Elgin Sites
- Advocating Diversity and the Need for Cultural Exchange
- Advocating for Social Justice
- Advocating on Behalf of Children