Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Rather, its origins lie in one of the annalistic histories written under the Flavians, when, with the benefit of hindsight, the actions of a junior senator, who was to rise to the highest position, assumed greater significance.
Harrison describes in chapter 5 the physical makeup of "The Original Codex," with sections on parchment, ruling and layout, decoration, and scribal practice; he also notes that the appearance of Hugh of Saint-Victor's Chronicle with an annalistic text is paralleled elsewhere and that the copying of Hugh's encyclopedic text might well have suggested the creation of the annalistic one at Melrose.
This is clearly shown by the distribution and relative incidence of the phenomenon in the different text types in the corpus: in annalistic and narrative texts, in which a clear temporal sequencing and specification of the participants in the action is needed, the incidence of split subjects was much higher than in rest of the works.
Gloir in bardic verse and annalistic compilations accords closely with the meaning of its English cognate, glory.
Given its lack of order, structure, and resolution, the "crude" annalistic nature of the Roth Horowitz presentation seemed irresponsible to some visitors and critics; evidently when the exhibition's subject is lawlessness--or arguably a law of misrule--this form of presentation may seem to compound or condone the events it represents.
Her implicit forswearance of an annalistic structure is understandable; her own grasp of the implications of this choice is less clear.
He first addresses the Zuozhuan's annalistic structure, which he suggests records human actions and events according to days and months.
After the Restoration they were more commonly seen in annalistic terms, heralding particular important events in the ongoing march of human history.
137] points out that the tags or labels (Etiketten) discovered by him, resemble closest those previously unearthed (although pertaining to a later period) that were called "sim ple" labels (as distinct from other categories, such as annalistic labels, labels for festivities, and abbreviated annalistic labels).
His narrative has proceeded, like the Chronicle, year by year in the mode of annalistic writing.
If, on the other hand, we now look back from a perspective that seeks inspiration from a rereading and rewriting of traditional narrative forms and styles, then clearly the annalistic structure and picaresque qualities of al-Hakim's Yawmiyyat na'ib fi al-aryaf (Diaries of a Public Prosecutor in the Provinces, 1937) come to assume a more central role (quite apart from the fact that, in my view, it is a much better novel).
I have a catalogue in front of me, published by Grant Books, of Droitwich, which acquaints us with 284 golf books and I gave up counting the number of them that are annalistic studies or are based on the most cordial reminiscence.
Legal browser ?
- animam edere
- animum attendere
- animum frangere
- Animus ad se omne jus ducit
- Animus cancellandi
- animus donandi
- Animus furandi
- animus gerendi
- animus ingratus
- Animus manendi
- Animus moninis est anima scripti
- Animus recipiendi
- Animus revertendi
- animus submissus
- animus testandi
- annex for public use
- Anni nubiles
- Anno domini
- Annonae civiles
- annotated text
- announce a conclusion
- announce authoritatively
- announce in advance
Full browser ?
- Annagul Annakulieva
- Annaka, Gunma
- Annaklych Miatadzhi
- Annakulieva, Annagul
- Annakut Festival
- Annale School of History
- Annalee Mobilitee Dolls, Inc.
- Annales Academiae Scientiarum Fennicae
- Annales Archéologiques Arabes Syriennes
- Annales de Toxicologie Analytique
- Annales Française d'Anesthésie et de Réanimation
- Annales History
- Annales Mathématiques Blaise Pascal
- Annales School
- Annales School of History
- Annali Dello Spiritismo
- Annalong Canoe and Kayak Club
- Annals of Agricultural and Environmental Medicine
- Annals of Applied Probability
- Annals of Applied Statistics
- Annals of Archaeology and Anthropology
- Annals of Biomedical Engineering
- Annals of Botany
- Annals of Clinical and Laboratory Science
- Annals of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobials
- Annals of Communism
- Annals of Discrete Mathematics
- Annals of Emergency Medicine
- Annals of Family Medicine
- Annals of Human Genetics
- Annals of Improbable Research
- Annals of Information Systems
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- Annals of Irreproducible Results
- Annals of Mathematical Statistics
- Annals of Mathematics
- Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence