Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
(5) It is clear that the writers of annalistic histories who wrote under the Flavians and who were the main sources upon which Suetonius drew for the period of Vespasian's pre-imperial life felt expected to laud the current dynasty and expose the failings of the Julio-Claudians and their transient successors; those writing after Domitian's death, like Tacitus and Suetonius, had a freer hand, but were still restrained by the continued existence and influence of friends and beneficiaries of the Flavians.
He includes, though, far more detail and a far broader context: his treatment is annalistic and broken into episodes.
640-764 CE; Dotson 2009): short annalistic entries that may mention military campaigns, but usually not the exact whereabouts.
Chapter 2 (Harrison) is a succinct survey and characterization of "Cistercian Chronicling in the British Isles" and includes a useful list of surviving manuscripts of annalistic chronicles from at least eleven identified convents in the British Isles.
These amount to roughly 1.700 pages of text and constitute a quite representative sample of the different types of English prose (annalistic, narrative, argumentative) from the 9th to the 11th centuries.
von Ungern-Sternberg, "The Formation of the "Annalistic Tradition": the Example of the Decemvirate", in Social Struggles in Archaic Rome.
Gloir in bardic verse and annalistic compilations accords closely with the meaning of its English cognate, glory.
Given its lack of order, structure, and resolution, the "crude" annalistic nature of the Roth Horowitz presentation seemed irresponsible to some visitors and critics; evidently when the exhibition's subject is lawlessness--or arguably a law of misrule--this form of presentation may seem to compound or condone the events it represents.
Her implicit forswearance of an annalistic structure is understandable; her own grasp of the implications of this choice is less clear.
He first addresses the Zuozhuan's annalistic structure, which he suggests records human actions and events according to days and months.
After the Restoration they were more commonly seen in annalistic terms, heralding particular important events in the ongoing march of human history.
137] points out that the tags or labels (Etiketten) discovered by him, resemble closest those previously unearthed (although pertaining to a later period) that were called "sim ple" labels (as distinct from other categories, such as annalistic labels, labels for festivities, and abbreviated annalistic labels).
Legal browser ?
- animam edere
- animum attendere
- animum frangere
- Animus ad se omne jus ducit
- Animus cancellandi
- animus donandi
- Animus furandi
- animus gerendi
- animus ingratus
- Animus manendi
- Animus moninis est anima scripti
- Animus recipiendi
- Animus revertendi
- animus submissus
- animus testandi
- annex for public use
- Anni nubiles
- Anno domini
- Annonae civiles
- annotated text
- announce a conclusion
- announce authoritatively
- announce in advance
Full browser ?
- Annaka, Gunma
- Annaklych Miatadzhi
- Annakulieva, Annagul
- Annakut Festival
- Annale School of History
- Annalee Mobilitee Dolls, Inc.
- Annales Academiae Scientiarum Fennicae
- Annales Archéologiques Arabes Syriennes
- Annales de Toxicologie Analytique
- Annales Française d'Anesthésie et de Réanimation
- Annales History
- Annales Mathématiques Blaise Pascal
- Annales School
- Annales School of History
- Annali Dello Spiritismo
- Annalong Canoe and Kayak Club
- Annals of Agricultural and Environmental Medicine
- Annals of Applied Probability
- Annals of Applied Statistics
- Annals of Archaeology and Anthropology
- Annals of Biomedical Engineering
- Annals of Botany
- Annals of Clinical and Laboratory Science
- Annals of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobials
- Annals of Communism
- Annals of Discrete Mathematics
- Annals of Emergency Medicine
- Annals of Family Medicine
- Annals of Human Genetics
- Annals of Improbable Research
- Annals of Information Systems
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- Annals of Irreproducible Results
- Annals of Mathematical Statistics