appeal after 30 days

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Georgia

can my son appeal his plea agreement after 30 days? he thought he was agreeing to two years but the judge sentenced him to 10yrs. 8 to serve. I was told the investigator got him to sign the agreement


Yes he/you can try to do so but it is not easy--he has to show he fundamentally misunderstood, there was fraud etc--
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.