Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
Close at hand was the snowy mass of the Great Altels cooling its topknot in the sky and daring us to an ascent.
1857), and selected his account of his ascent of Monte Rosa.
At length we stood against the giant tree that we had chosen for our ascent, and then, as charge after charge hurled its weight upon us, we gave back again and again, until we had been forced half-way around the huge base of the colossal trunk.
In like manner I dislodged the lower bars as I passed them, so that we soon had the interior of the tree denuded of all possible means of ascent for a distance of a hundred feet from the base; thus precluding possible pursuit and attack from the rear.
Presently the sound of the voices became fainter, and once again I took up my hazardous ascent, now more difficult, since more circuitous, for I must climb so as to avoid the windows.
It is true that these projections were too far apart to make the balance of the ascent anything of a sinecure, but I at least had always within my reach a point of safety to which I might cling in case of accident.
It is certain that there is a point where an ascent is possible.
Because my predecessor, the American Maple White, actually made such an ascent.
Found the ascending force greater than we had expected ; and as we arose higher and so got clear of the cliffs, and more in the sun's rays, our ascent became very rapid.
Content with his brief admonition, the naturalist had surmounted half the difficulties of the ascent before the deliberate Abner ended his justification.
Once advised of this important fact, he hesitated no longer, but commenced the difficult ascent which led to the upper pinnacle of the rock.
The Indian chief paused another moment to consider the signs of the contest, which was now rolling rapidly up the ascent, a certain evidence that the Delawares triumphed; nor did he actually quit the place until admonished of the proximity of his friends, as well as enemies, by the bullets of the former, which began to patter among the dried leaves on the ground, like the bits of falling hail which precede the bursting of the tempest.
Legal browser ?
- as represented
- as required
- as required will
- as seen
- as set forth
- as set forth by law
- as settled upon
- as shown
- as so defined
- as soon as can be reasonably expected
- as soon as feasible
- as soon as possible
- as soon as reasonably possible
- as specified
- as specified in the law
- as the case may be
- as things are
- as though
- as though it were
- as well
- ascertain a position
- ascertain after reasoning
- ascertain and declare
- ascertain as truth
- ascertain by judicial inquiry
- ascertain dimensions
- ascertain liability
- ascertain mathematically
- ascertain size
- ascertain the amount of
- ascertain the amount of indebtedness
- ascertain the balance due
- ascertain the meaning of
- ascertain the time of
- ascertained fact
- ascertained goods
- ascertained principle
Full browser ?
- Ascension Parish, Louisiana
- Ascension Pony Boys Baseball
- Ascension School Employees Credit Union
- Ascension Studios Content System
- Ascension Tracking Station
- Ascension Tracking Station Ground Antenna
- Ascension Youth Softball Association
- Ascension, Long and Short
- Ascensional difference
- Ascensius, Jodocus Badius
- ascensus medullae
- ascensus spinalis
- ascensus uteri
- Ascent (font)
- Ascent (font)
- Ascent and Entry
- Ascent Development Flight Test
- Ascent Ephemeris Tape
- Ascent Flight Systems Integration Group
- Ascent From the Abstract to the Concrete
- Ascent Guidance Subframe
- Ascent Logic Corporation
- Ascent Media Network Services
- Ascent Media Network Services Asia
- Ascent Media Network Services Europe
- Ascent New Media Design
- Ascent Particle Monitor
- Ascent Stage
- Ascent Strategic Management Group, Pvt. Ltd.
- Ascent Thrust Vector Control
- Ascent Training & Consultancy Services
- Ascent/Boost-Phase Interceptor
- Ascent/Descent Vehicle
- Ascention Island
- Ascention Island