Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Assurance: Assurance services

ASSURANCE, com. law. Insurance. (q.v.)

ASSURANCE, conveyancing. This is called a common assurance. But the term assurances includes, in an enlarged sense, all instruments which dispose of property, whether they be the grants of private persons, or not; such are fines and recoveries, and private acts of the legislature. Eunom. Dial. 2, s. 5.

A Law Dictionary, Adapted to the Constitution and Laws of the United States. By John Bouvier. Published 1856.
References in periodicals archive ?
According to information obtained by KPMG and the GRI, accounting firms provide approximately 65% of the assurance work on a global basis, with environmental consulting firms, sustainability experts, certification bodies, engineering firms, and other nonaccounting providers sharing the remaining 35%.
* Make conclusions that were not part of the services rendered to your client (i.e., do not make assurances regarding the accuracy or completeness of the information provided unless the scope of your services enables you to provide such assurances).
the Ambassador praised the QQA efforts in the area of quality assurance and the development of the education and training sector in the Kingdom, and commended the Authority's milestones since its establishment.
Andrew Hammond, head of assurance at PwC in the Midlands, said: "I'm delighted with these promotions, they are all well-deserved and reflect the hard work, commitment and contribution shown by Rebecca, Neal and Dan.
Our Requirements Assurance services include Requirements Management and Requirements Validation.
* Developing guidance for the application of the existing attestation standards to the subject matter of sustainability reporting is currently one of the areas to which the AICPA Assurance Services Executive Committee (ASEC) Sustainability Assurance and Advisory Task Force, formed in 2012, will devote attention.
Our Programme Assurance services include Requirement Lifecycle Services, Programme Health Check.
With no annual contract, a free wireless phone, 250 free monthly minutes of national local and long-distance service and 250 free monthly text messages for eligible customers, Assurance Wireless gives veterans the ability to provide a contact number and return calls to prospective employers which, studies show, can improve the chances of securing employment.
The 5 Star Assurance Program includes Total Maintenance Assurance, Motor Assurance, Warranty Assurance, Exchange Assurance, Roadside Assurance.
On February 4, 2010, EPA sent a notice of violation to Southern Wood Piedmont Company notifying the company that its hazardous wastes were not in compliance with applicable financial assurance requirements under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and it needed to obtain qualifying financial assurance for these obligations.