References in periodicals archive ?
If it is not an assured tenancy and the freeholder pursues you for unpaid ground rent, you can stop the action just by bringing the arrears up to date.
For example, if you fail to pay ground rent under an assured tenancy the freeholder can seek a possession order, and neither the leaseholder nor the mortgage lender can simply pay the arrears to rectify the issue.
"Rent "assured tenancy" or an regulation" properly- "assured shorthold speaking disappeared tenancy" after the Housing Act of 1988.
"Where home ownership is not sustainable, the property can be purchased outright and the owner can be offered an assured tenancy to allow the household to remain in the home." This scheme has already started to show results.
Residential property is usually let on a six month assured tenancy basis, giving rise to the possibility of vacant periods with no rent and downward rental values if there is a surplus of property over tenants.
BRYAN and Enid Pullinger, both 76, live in a twobed ground-floor flat in Magnolia Grange, an assured tenancy development run by Girlings in Weston-super-Mare, Somerset.
A As your tenancy started before February 28, 1997, and you were given nothing in writing by your landlord you have what is called an assured tenancy. A landlord can only gain possession of such a tenancy in very specific circumstances or if you have rent arrears.
If such a notice in the prescribed form was not given, then the tenancy that was created was not an assured short hold tenancy, but an assured tenancy, which entitles the tenant to protection from eviction.
YOU can have an assured tenancy if you do not have a resident landlord and the accommodation is your main home.
For the adventurous investor, Venture Capital Trusts are an option but no longer offer the same "easy" ride of some of the old Assured Tenancy Business Expansion Schemes.
If you have an assured tenancy (a longer-term contract), you landlord can only increase rent if a) you agree to it, b) it's stated in the small print or c) they give you a section 13 notice to bypass the contract.
Legal browser ?
- Assignment of errors
- Assises of jerusalem
- Assistance, Writ of
- Assize of mort d' ancestor
- Assize, or Assise
- Associate Justice
- associated company
- Association of Chief Police Officers
- Association of Chief Police Officers in Scotland
- Association of Police Authorities
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- assumption of risk
- assured tenancy
- Asylum and refugee
- Asylum and war
- asylum seeker
- At Issue
- At Large
- At Law
- Ate a hamburger with hair it - can they sue?
- Atkins v. Virginia
- Attachment of privilege
- Attempted forgery, expunction
- attendance centre
- attendance centre order
Full browser ?
- Assured Calibration and Laboratory Accreditation Select Services
- Assured Clear Distance Ahead
- Assured Combinable Crop Scheme
- Assured Compliance Assessment Solution
- Assured Computing Environment
- Assured Crew Return Capability
- Assured Crew Return Vehicle
- Assured Equipment Grounding Conductor Program
- Assured Forwarding
- Assured Forwarding PHB
- Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped
- Assured Indoor Air Quality
- Assured Information Infrastructure
- Assured Information Security
- Assured Isolation Facility
- assured mineral
- Assured Mission Support Space Architecture
- Assured Mobility System
- Assured Nuclear Fuel Services Initiative
- Assured Produce Scheme
- Assured Quality Catering Management Services
- Assured Quality Replacement Parts
- Assured Quality Routing
- Assured Quality Title Company
- Assured Real-Time Services
- Assured Safe Crew Return
- Assured Security Document Destruction
- Assured Service Voice Application Local Area Network
- Assured Services Local Area Network
- Assured shorthold tenancy
- assured tenancy
- Assurer et Emprunter avec un Risque Aggravé de Santé