be consonant

See: comport
References in periodicals archive ?
(4.) Also, it would be consonant with the working hypothesis to predict that a voiced glottal fricative was added to the system (or rather elevated to acquire phonemic status).
(Perhaps a better name for Inconsonant Bigrams would be Consonant Movements.) Is there an official name for this?