management

(redirected from behavior management)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia.

management

(Directorate), noun administration, administrators, advisers, authority, board, board of direccors, bureau, bureaucracy, caretakers, central office, chair, chairmen, command, committee, controllers, custodians, decision-making body, directors, directorship, executive committee, executive office, executives, front office, governing body, government, headmen, leaders, leadership, officers, officials, party in power, power, presidency, presidium, regime, steering committee, stewards, strategists, superintendents, supervisors

management

(Judicious use), noun conduct, cunning practice, dealing, disposal, economic use, employment, frugality, handling, manipulation, operation, prudent conduct, running, skillful treatment, steerage, thrifty use, treatment, usage, utilization

management

(Supervision), noun administratio, administration, administrators, authority, board of directors, care, charge, command, control, controllers, cura, directorate, directors, directorship, executive arm, executives, generalship, governance, guidance, leadership, managers, managership, oversight, pilotage, protectorship, regulation, steering, stewardship, superintendence, surveillance, tractatio, wardship
Associated concepts: exclusive management, fraud in manngement, general management, management of one's affairs, management of property
See also: administration, agency, arrangement, auspices, authorities, board, bureaucracy, conduct, control, course, custody, direction, disposition, distribution, dominion, economy, employer, frugality, generalship, government, guidance, hierarchy, maneuver, operation, oversight, policy, regime, staff, strategy, supervision, supremacy, transaction, treatment, trust, usage
References in periodicals archive ?
The classroom and behavior management strategies outlined here will help teachers with challenging classrooms to have the confidence and skills to put down whips and pick up batons.
By no means do I want to convey the idea that behavior management or issues related to student discipline are concepts and practices that are easy and uncomplicated; in fact, they represent some of the greatest challenges a teacher faces daily.
From the second section of the survey document, query number two stated: "I have strong skills in behavior management." Upon compilation of the data it was found that 88% of the teachers reported having strong behavior management skills leaving 12 % of the teachers with less effective skills in behavior management.
An objective review and analysis of ten years of publication in the Journal of Organizational Behavior Management. Journal of Organizational Behavior Management, 10, 7-37.
In 1998, the Pennsylvania Department of Health mandated that behavior management would become a focus of surveyors in Pennsylvania.
Both verbal and non-verbal communication plays a major role in behavior management. The dental team must establish a relationship based on trust with the child and the accompanying adult to ensure compliance with preventive regimens and allow treatment to occur.
Although many factors were found to affect the rate of physical and mechanical restraints, one strategy proved most effective--the program's behavior management system.
As Masao puts it, "The keys that allowed me to create the classroom I desired and manage it effectively were organization; the 3 R's of routine, rules, and reinforcement; and an effective behavior management system" (p.
It is well-known that the research literature is replete with empirically-documented instructional approaches and behavior management strategies for working with difficult-to-teach students, yet a serious gap continues to exist between knowledge of validated teacher practices (e.g., clear behavioral expectations, choice options, consistent rewards and consequences, explicit instruction) and the use of those practices in EBD classrooms (Jack et al., 1996).
In addition, the school psychologist encouraged teachers to implement a classroom-wide behavior management system that entailed a token economy using a behavior monitoring chart with written stars as a secondary reinforcer (Cooper, Herron, & Heward, 1987).
* Follow this session of training with effective behavior management training.

Full browser ?