bounced check India

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: India
State: All States/Provinces

I received a summon from court for attendance us 138 negotiable instrument act. According to this a complaint has been launched by the bank of cheque bouncing from which i have taken personal loan. Also tell me is ECS (Electronic Clearing System) comes under cheque bouncing and us 138 NI Act. Kindly advice me what to do next. Can it be settled out of court if I submit the dues or i have to attend the court on the date? How should I precede further.


The bank can agree to settle the issue with you and normally the authorities will then also drop the matter-
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.