Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
How he managed to cope with his humor; whether he pledged himself in raw rum and blazing punch, and "clinked the can" with him as they made their bargains, does not appear upon record; we must infer, however, from his general observations on the absolute sway of this hard-drinking potentate, that he had to conform to the customs of his court, and that their business transactions presented a maudlin mixture of punch and peltry.
When I explained that an important family matter obliged me to ask him to refer to his books for the purpose of ascertaining a date with which the record of his business transactions might supply me, he offered no objection to granting my request.
For one cannot but see the great probability of your considering such things from Mr Merdle's own point of view, except indeed that circumstances have made it Mr Merdle's accidental fortune, or misfortune, to be engaged in business transactions, and that they, however vast, may a little cramp his horizons.
Business transactions with that useful institution had always been conducted by her, it being Mr Warden's theory that Woman can extract in these crises just that extra franc or two which is denied to the mere male.
A shilling passes; and, in that spirit of confidence which should pervade all business transactions between principals of honour, this piece of business is considered done.
So complicated, however, was the nature of this particular business transaction, and so tortuous the paths of its progress (partly owing to the complete disappearance of the owner of the horse, who had gone to the West and left no address), that it took the sheriff many weeks to prove Mr.
My dear Harry, I did not treat it as a business transaction, and I did not make any formal proposal.
He was anxious to bring about a 'satisfactory marriage' for me, an expression that makes of so solemn an act a business transaction in which husband and wife endeavor to cheat each other.
But," said Danglars, -- who, on his part, did not perceive how soon the conversation, which was at first disinterested, was turning to a business transaction, -- "there is, doubtless, a part of your fortune your father could not refuse you?
In any organization with a massive number of business transactions, a small percentage invariably result in error," says William Houlin, president for Latin America, PRG-Schultz.
In sum, the proposal would create intolerable uncertainty that would substantially impair the ability of taxpayers to conduct ordinary business transactions.
They acknowledged, however, that new laws should not interfere with normal business transactions.
Legal browser ?
- Business Closings
- business combine
- business contact
- business deals
- business entente
- business establishment
- business expense
- business expenses
- Business failed, file for bankruptcy
- business firm
- Business hours
- business house
- business intercourse
- business invitee
- Business Judgment Rule
- business loan among friends
- business manager
- business on hand
- business owner
- business profits
- business property relief
- Business Record Exception
- business representative
- Business Roundtable
- business science
- business transactions
- Business Trust
- busy oneself with
- but for
- but for the fact that
- Butler, Benjamin Franklin
- Butler, Charles Henry
- Butler, Pierce
- butt against
- Butts and bounds
- buy and sell
- buy back
- buy from
- buy into
- buy off
Full browser ?
- Business to Government
- Business to Government
- Business to Hamilton
- Business to Human
- Business to Industry
- Business to Institution
- Business to Machine
- Business to Manufacturing Markup Language
- Business to Market
- Business to Nobody
- Business to Partner
- Business to Peer
- Business to Public
- Business to Small Business
- Business to Student
- Business to Technology
- Business to Trade
- Business to Treasury
- Business tort
- Business torts
- Business Training Associates Centre
- Business Training Center
- Business Transacted with Producer Controlled Property Act
- Business Transacted with Producer Controlled Property/Casualty Insurer
- Business Transaction Management
- Business Transaction Processing System
- Business Transaction Protocol
- Business Transaction Services
- Business Transaction Surveillance Center
- Business Transaction Tracing
- business transactions
- Business Transfer Approval Board
- Business Transfer Tax
- Business transformation
- Business Transformation Agency
- Business Transformation Associates
- Business Transformation Enablement Program
- Business Transformation Executive
- Business Transformation Executive Committee
- Business Transformation Executive Team
- Business Transformation Outsourcing
- Business Transformation Project
- Business Transformation Service
- Business Transient Sales Manager
- Business Transition Management Group Pty Ltd
- Business Transition Office
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Business Travel Account
- Business Travel Agencies Association of Russia
- Business Travel Agents Association of Australia
- Business Travel Air Brokerage
- Business Travel Centre
- Business Travel Coalition
- Business Travel Department
- Business Travel International
- Business Travel News
- Business Travel Program
- Business Travel Request
- Business Travel Show
- Business Travel Solutions
- Business Travel Unit