References in periodicals archive ?
And as another response to the calumnious charge of Sir Isaiah Berlin, it is certainly welcome.
But it is not the people maligned by such calumnious statements who are the monstrous ones.
of disproving by their own brilliant exertions in defence of their country that calumnious charge of disaffection and disloyalty" so often levelled against them.
(64) An administrator for the Palma Sugar Company complained that when their agents "bring workers for cane cutting from Santiago de Cuba, they are bothered by elements that congregate in the train station, making a dreadful, calumnious and cruel propaganda that, for example, the workers in this Central are badly treated and hit with machetes." (65) State and company officials believed that such individuals were merely trying to steal laborers and "bring them to other centrales." (66) At other moments labor recruiters "penetrated within the limits of distinct farms, conquering the laborers there with promises of higher wages, in order to bring them to other centrales." The Cuban government even passed a law in 1926 requiring recruiters to register with the Cuban state.
Scicluna told the Italian bishops newspaper Avvenire that accusations the pope had helped cover up abuse were "false and calumnious."
In numerous articles, the Frayhayt accused the Forverts of being calumnious "giftmisher" ("spreaders of poison").
and calumnious knave" Lavache in All's Well That Ends Well or
"It addresses a very corrosive and calumnious slur against any young Palestinian who would be a political activist on the West Bank" who would be called a "terrorist" because of his activism.
One after the other, leaders of the rich nations stood before the General Assembly to pontificate flummeries which masked their governments' calumnious behaviour in the world.
RIL stated in its letter that " what makes the current campaign even more calumnious is that it has been launched not only when the matter is sub- judice before the Supreme Court, but also seems timed to sabotage the government's entire efforts to get more investments for oil exploration under the NELP- VIII round".
did she behold that beautiful and majestic visage, that towering and graceful form, than all thought of his inferiority vanished, and the ravished sense, spurning at the calumnious idea, confessed him a being of superior order.
Milton, another rhetorician, spoke of "calumnious art of counterfeited truth".
Legal browser ?
- C0@mmon appendant
- C0mmon appurtenant
- Cable Television
- Caesarian operation
- Cahn, Edmond Nathaniel
- calendar call
- Calhoun, John Caldwell
- call in
- Calling the plaintiff
- Calvo Clause
- Calvo Doctrine
- Camera stellata
- Cameras in Court
- Campbell, Ben Nighthorse
- Campbell, John
- Campbell, John Archibald
- Campbell, William Joseph
- Can a 16 year old move out of state with an 18 year old fiance?
- Can a bondsman make you pay the remainder of a bond?
- Can a company name the same item on credit report twice?
- Can a judge change a written contract between parties?
- Can a public citizen access murder transcripts?
- Can a restraining order be cancelled by filing a motion?
- Can a special education student be arrested at school?
- Can defendant sue attorney
- Can embezzlement charges settle?
- Can evidence found by accident be used?
- Can foreigner buy New York apartment
- can mother access child's house
- Can mother stop hospital visits of fathers's kids
Full browser ?
- Calusa Indian
- Calvados (departement)
- Calvados (departement)
- Calvados (département)