car rolls back and damages occurred

Ask a Lawyer


Country: United States of America
State: Georgia

i failed to engage my parking brake at a supermarket. The wind picked up and my car rolled back 10 feet into another car. The police asked the owner of the car if she wanted to file a report. She said no. we all left the scene. The next day I get a phone call. she wants to get her car fixed at an estimate of $800. I do not have that kind of money and never will. what should I do?


You can refuse to pay and she may or may not sue in small claims...she could just have her insurer pay...