Mentioned in ?
- Armed Services
- Associate Justice
- Association of Chief Police Officers
- Association of Chief Police Officers in Scotland
- Atkins v. Virginia
- Bird, Rose Elizabeth
- Brief for Petitioner
- Browning, James Robert
- Burger, Warren Earl
- Business Roundtable
- Cameras in Court
- Campbell, John
- Case in Chief
- Charles River Bridge v. Warren Bridge
References in periodicals archive ?
(2014) 'Voluntary barbarians of the Maloti-Drakensberg: the BaPhuthi chiefdom, cattle raiding, and colonial rule in nineteenth-century Southern Africa'.
Powhatan's paramount chiefdom constitutes a prime example of this phenomenon.
In a majority of African chiefdoms and kingdoms, the stool is taken out only on special occasions, for instance, during an annual tribal dance or when the chief or king dies or is "missing" as most Africans refer to the death of a king.
Since Marshall Sahlins published Social Stratification in Polynesia (1958), some Polynesian communities have been referred to as stratified chiefdoms, and furthermore all Polynesian societies are considered to have chiefdom sociopolitical organizations in one way or another (Kirch and Green 2001).
According to most scholars, a fundamental condition for a chiefdom is the existence of a regional system, or a supralocal network constituted by satellite communities governed by a central power (Carneiro 1970; Earle 1997).
The main reason the route matters is that it is basic to identifying the native societies De Soto met--Hudson invariably calls them "chiefdoms"--and what happened to them afterward.
In a sense, both have reached very similar conclusions from different perspectives with Niemann emphasizing the biblical evidence for his construction of the development from stratified society and chiefdom to tribal state.
This study is teeming with details about the proliferation of Acholi chiefdoms. It is based almost exclusively on oral traditions collected by Atkinson and his fellow 'Luo' history researchers of the 1970s such as Owot, Uma, Garry, and Webster.
Archaeological signs of war, such as the number of weapons found in graves and heavily fortified occupation sites, increase with the growth of chiefdoms, Carneiro observes.
He told a press conference in Juba on Monday that Abyei, the land of nine Ngok Dinka chiefdom as a South Sudanese land.
1960: 'From tribute to tax in a Tikar chiefdom', Africa 30 (1): 1-19.
([section]) Sierra Leone has 14 districts, which comprise 149 chiefdoms. Each chiefdom is further divided into sections and then into villages.
Legal browser ?
- Chase, Salmon Portland
- Chase, Samuel
- chattel mortgage
- Chattel Paper
- Chávez, César Estrada
- Check book
- Check cashed illegally
- check cashing business, jail
- checks cashed, who is liable
- Chemistry med
- Cherokee Cases
- Chessman, Caryl
- Chicago Eight
- Chicago Jury Project
- Chicago School
- Chief clerk of the department of state
- chief justice
- Chief justiciary
- Child Abuse
- child and parent insurance issue
- Child Care
- Child Custody
- child forced to attend school
- Child Labor Laws
- Child Pornography
- child support
- Child Support Agency
- child support officer
- child trust fund
- Children at daughters school starting rumors
- Children's Commissioner for Wales
- Children's Defense Fund
- children's hearing
- Children's Rights
- Chilling Effect Doctrine
- Chiltern Hundreds
- Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882
- Chinese interest
- Chipman, Daniel
Full browser ?
- Chief Wildlife Warden
- Chief Wine Officer
- Chief X Officer
- Chief Yeoman
- Chief Yoeman
- Chief's Call To Initiation
- Chief's Internal Organizational Review
- Chief, Air Traffic Control Operations
- Chief, Air Traffic Control Training
- Chief, Airport District Office
- Chief, Army Reserve Decision Support System
- Chief, Bureau of Medicine and Surgery
- Chief, Bureau of Naval Personnel
- Chief, Bureau of Ordnance
- Chief, Bureau of Ships
- Chief, Central Security Service
- Chief, Chemical Materiel Destruction Agency Directive
- Chief, Host Aviation Resource Management
- Chief, joint mortuary affairs office
- Chief, Military Assistance Advisory Group
- Chief, National Guard Bureau
- Chief, Naval Advisory Group
- Chief, Navy Section, Military Assistance Advisory Group
- Chief, Navy-Marine Corps Military Affiliate Radio System
- Chief, Office of Auxiliary/Chief Director, Auxiliary
- Chief, Officer Training Program
- Chief, Standardization & Evaluation
- Chiefess Kamakahelei Middle School
- chiefs of naval operations
- Chiefs of Ontario
- Chiefs of Service
- chiefs of staff
- chiefs of staff
- chiefs of staff
- Chiefs of Staff Committee