Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
It is no accident that Aron's vision of the historical, human Jesus was attacked by much of the same cabal of reactionary Catholic intellectuals who had formed the intellectual backbone of the Vichy collaborationist state.
Mother was Estonian-minded, father more collaborationist.
19) Among these, the creation and consolidation of a collaborationist elite, the multiplication of administrative borders--borders with a different meaning for different people, and the arrival of foreign non-Jewish workers from the Far East and Eastern Europe--human material used to manipulate the demographic reality and to increase the subjects of the colonial mosaic.
Heroic patriotism beyond mediocrity and the vulgarity of money also informs Anouilh's works, which, as they rewrite myths for modernity, reinforce the tenets of aesthetic fascism and the rhetoric of collaborationist critics.
Obviously, collaboration and collaborationist regimes, the events on the home front, conscription and dissent will also be of significance.
The Catholic Boy Scouts in Paris were taught "religious values that ran counter to virtually everything contained in German and collaborationist propaganda" (179).
Remarks such as these indicate as well a palpable yet unspoken insistence within Friedman's own text: Her wrestling with knowledge about her strong precursor de Man--namely, that chapter of his life including the wartime collaborationist journalism.
Specifically, he has in mind George Leaman's condemnation of Martin Heidegger's Nazi involvement and Jacques Derrida's attack on those who attacked his friend Paul de Man for publishing collaborationist texts.
At the time of his arrest on charges of collaborationist treason, Brasillach was one of France's preeminent men of letters.
The collaborationist Vichy government developed quotas and subsidies as part of its program to restructure the French economy.
Was it simply a response to a collaborationist discourse by the elite?
53) At the 1956 National Jewish Community Relations Council meeting, professor Arnold Rose compared the reluctance of Jews in the South to speak out in favor of desegregation with Nazi collaborationists: "If [Jewish leaders] do not take a long run and courageous view of the current crisis [on segregation], they are playing the same role as the collaborationist Jews played in Europe during the Nazi period.
Legal browser ?
- coined words
- Coke, Richard
- Coke, Sir Edward
- cold of heart
- cold shoulder
- Cold War
- Collateral assurance
- Collateral Attack
- collateral descendant
- Collateral Estoppel
- Collateral facts evidence
- Collateral Heir
- Collateral issue
- Collateral kinsmen
- collateral relative
- collateral relief
- collateral review of detention
- collateral security
- Collateral Warranty
- collaterial review
- Collatio bonorum
- collatio inter haeredes
- collatio inter liberos
- Collation of seals
Full browser ?
- Collaboration in huMan-Machine-Methodology
- Collaboration in Mathematical Geosciences
- Collaboration Interoperability Working Group
- Collaboration Jazz Quartet
- Collaboration of Agent-Based Systems
- Collaboration of the Week
- Collaboration on Advanced Multispectral Earth Observation
- Collaboration on Government Secrecy
- Collaboration On Repair Discoveries
- Collaboration Opportunities and Research Partnerships
- Collaboration Planning
- collaboration products
- Collaboration Protocol Agreement
- Collaboration Protocol Profile
- Collaboration Protocol Profile and Agreement
- Collaboration Protocol Profile/Agreement
- Collaboration Researchers' International Workshop on Groupware
- Collaboration Rural
- Collaboration software
- Collaboration Software and Knowledge Management Tools
- Collaboration Support Service
- Collaboration Technology Research Group
- Collaboration to Advance Teaching Technology and Science
- collaboration tools
- Collaboration Working Group
- Collaboration, Visualization and Information Management
- Collaboration-Enabled Business Transformation
- Collaboration-Protocol Agreement
- Collaborationist state
- Collaborations and Resources Group
- Collaborations for Excellence in Teacher Preparation
- Collaborative Academic Preparation Initiative
- Collaborative Access Team
- Collaborative Action Research Network
- collaborative actions
- collaborative Advanced Design Project
- Collaborative Advanced Gas Turbine
- Collaborative Advanced Interagency Research Network
- Collaborative Advanced Internet Research Network
- Collaborative Advanced Navigation Virtual Art Studio
- Collaborative Africa Budget Reform Initiative
- Collaborative Agent Design Research Center
- Collaborative Agent-Based Control and Help
- Collaborative Agribusiness Support Program