Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
I do not care to trace the course of my dollar, if I could, till it buys a man a musket to shoot one with--the dollar is innocent--but I am concerned to trace the effects of my allegiance.
Truth is always in harmony with herself, and is not concerned chiefly to reveal the justice that may consist with wrong-doing.
In such cases, where foreigners were concerned on either side, it would be impossible for the federal judicatories to do justice without an equitable as well as a legal jurisdiction.
I am concerned but for the good name of the Tremolino, and I affirm that a ship is ever guiltless of the sins, transgressions, and follies of her men.
Yes," he said, trying to make his voice sound concerned enough for sympathy, and not eager enough for curiosity.
So far as THAT is concerned, I'd go from here there on my knees--or on my head--if that would do any good.
So far as I am concerned, I am willing to say there was no quarrel.
In this first lecture I shall be concerned to refute a theory which is widely held, and which I formerly held myself: the theory that the essence of everything mental is a certain quite peculiar something called "consciousness," conceived either as a relation to objects, or as a pervading quality of psychical phenomena.
For the moment, I am merely concerned to note that perception of objects is one of the most obvious examples of what is called "consciousness.
If I set to work to recall what I did this morning, that is a form of consciousness different from perception, since it is concerned with the past.
But, sir, though it were more so than is even possible to you, yet there may be some among you that are not equally right in their actions: and you know that in the story of the children of Israel, one Achan in the camp removed God's blessing from them, and turned His hand so against them, that six-and-thirty of them, though not concerned in the crime, were the objects of divine vengeance, and bore the weight of that punishment.
And let our different religions be what they will, this general principle is readily owned by us all, that the blessing of God does not ordinarily follow presumptuous sinning against His command; and every good Christian will be affectionately concerned to prevent any that are under his care living in a total neglect of God and His commands.
Legal browser ?
- conceive of
- conceived of parents legally married
- concentrate on
- concentrate the mind
- concentrate the thoughts
- concentrate upon
- concern oneself with
- concert of action
- concerted refusal to work
- Conciliation, International
Full browser ?
- Concern for Helping Animals in Israel
- Concern for Information Privacy
- concern her in
- concern her with
- concern herself about
- concern him in
- concern him with
- concern himself about
- concern in
- concern me in
- concern me with
- concern myself about
- concern one in
- concern one with
- concern oneself about
- concern oneself over
- concern oneself with
- concern ourselves about
- concern them in
- concern them with
- concern themselves about
- concern us in
- concern us with
- Concern Wide ID
- concern with
- Concern Worldwide
- concern you in
- concern you with
- concern yourself about
- concerned about
- concerned about (someone or something)
- concerned about her
- concerned about him
- concerned about me
- concerned about one
- Concerned About Recess and Education
- Concerned About Teen Sexuality
- concerned about them
- concerned about us
- Concerned about Wind Turbines
- concerned about you
- Concerned Alumni of Princeton
- Concerned American Fire Fighters Association
- Concerned Asian Pacific Students for Action
- Concerned Bass Anglers of Virginia
- Concerned Bikers Abate
- Concerned Bikers Association
- Concerned Black Men
- Concerned Black Men of Massachusetts
- Concerned Businessmen's Association of America
- Concerned Citizen Party
- Concerned Citizens Against Jet Noise
- Concerned Citizens Coalition
- Concerned Citizens Coalition of Stockton
- Concerned Citizens for Animal Welfare
- Concerned Citizens for Better Government
- Concerned Citizens for Chronic Psychiatric Adults
- Concerned Citizens for Green Country Conservation
- Concerned Citizens for Judicial Reform