credit report dispute

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Oregon

I have disputed information about an account listed on my credit report as unpaid. The account was paid in August. The credit reporting agency concluded its required investigation. The company in question reported the account as still being unpaid. I contacted the company directly and demanded that they update the information with the credit reporting agency. 30 days have gone by with no results. How can I get them to comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and update my information?


Based on what you say here, you could probably file suit against them (or at least threaten to do so) in small claims court or in regular court; filing in small claims court is easier and requires no could try to collect all of the costs and damages that you suffered due to their behavior... You may also report them to your state attorney general's office.
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.
References in periodicals archive ?
Credit card numbers and credit report dispute documents were also accessed.
This article begins by introducing the problems surrounding consumer credit report disputes. Part II will explain the function and affects of a credit report and consequences of errors.