denial of visa for disorderly conduct

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: All States/Provinces

I'm in the US on a student visa, and need to go to my home country for a school break. I've been arrested before (3 yrs ago) on a minor charge (disorderly conduct-loud noise complaint) but my case was dismissed after pre-trial diversion program (community service). Is there a risk that I might be denied a visa due to my past arrest record (without conviction/case dismissed). What documents would I need to show to the US consul?


If it was dismissed you normally will not have a problem...
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.