References in periodicals archive ?
The eriophyid mite Abacarus doctus Navia & Flechtmann (Acari: Prostigmata: Eriophyidae) was described from sugarcane from Costa Rica in 2011 (Navia et al.
24) For Crassus, the eloquens (the eloquent orator) is not just one who speaks effectively due to skill and experience alone, but he who embodies the orator doctus, that is, one that combines education--he basically meant Greek education--and rhetorical skills.
Among jurists is valid the sentence: Quilibet praesumitur bonus, donee probetur contrarium; among the learned, vice versa: Nemo praesumitur doctus etc.
Francis told his diplomats to remember this "fundamental criterion in choosing who should govern: Si sanctus est oret pro nobis, si doctus est doceat nos, si prudens est regat nos--if holy let him pray for us, if learned teach us, if prudent govern us.
2003): Automated fuzzy clustering for Doctus expert system.
Thus, those devoted to rhetoric were concerned with developing students who could take on the character of the doctus orator: one who demonstrated encyclopedic knowledge and whose knowledge was perfected by eloquence (66).
The Ciceronian ideal of the doctus orator is current again" (3).
Gaius Valerius Catullus, doctus poeta according to Martial, is
et tamen doctus videri non dedignaris, ut aliquando habeas quo eleganter et apposite canes Regios conservos tuos possis laudare, et quamvis scire quae alii sciunt non poteris, saltem scire valeas quae illi nesciunt; hac ex consilio meo via progredieris.
13:52, that "Ideo omnis scriba doctus in regno coelorum, similes est homini patrifamilias, qui profert de thesauro suo nova et vetera" ("Therefore every scribe instructed in the kingdom of heaven, is like to a man that is a householder, who bringeth forth out of his treasure new things and old") is simultaneously a gloss by which Jesus wishes to explain the preceding Parable of the Treasure Hidden in the Field and a separate parable, the last in a series of parables (ista similitudine ultima") on which the exegete himself comments (PL 35:1374).
Another dog was sent him, one "trained to slay wild lions and to shake the ground bringing down elephants" ("alius sevos mactare leones / doctus et everso tellurem elephante subactum / concutere," 85-87).
THE MOST INVENTIVE POETA DOCTUS in contemporary Germany, Thomas Kling died in his mid-forties in April 2005.
Legal browser ?
- do work with
- do wrong
- do wrong to
- Do you need an atty is a party is contesting an order of protection
- dock brief
- docket incorrectly
- doctor up
- doctor-assisted suicide
- Doctors commons
- doctrinaire opinion
- doctrinal statement
- Doctrine of Equality of States
- doctrines of lawmaking
- document granting permission
- document of title
- document produced as evidence
- document which passes a present interest
- documentary evidence
- documented event
- Doe, Charles
- Dog bite 4 yrs ago, can prohibit person from having dog?
- dog control order
- dog fouling
- dog handler
- Dog ran into truck, driver demanding money
Full browser ?
- Doctrine of the Trinity
- Doctrine Organization Training
- Doctrine Query Language
- doctrine sponsor
- Doctrine Training Team
- Doctrine, Operational, Training, Leader and Material
- Doctrine, Organization, Tactics, Materiel, and Logistics
- Doctrine, Organization, Training, Equipment, and Structure
- Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Leadership, & Personnel
- Doctrine, Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures
- Doctrine, Training, Leader Development, Organizations, and Materiel
- Doctrine, Training, Leader, Soldiers
- Doctrine, Training, Organization, and Materiel
- Doctrines from the Prophets
- doctrines of lawmaking
- Document & Network Technologies
- Document - Enabled Virtual Applications
- Document Acceptance Review Form
- Document Access across Languages
- Document Access Definition
- Document Access Definition Extension
- Document Access Number
- Document Accessibility Services
- Document Administratif Unique