References in periodicals archive ?
The tenant-in-chief thus provided his own retainers with a fee (they were thus enfeoffed) to support them.
He was made marklord of Xu, for generations enfeoffed, passing down this charisma.
It was required of enfeoffed tributary rulers that they:
There followed a succession of titles, and by mid-October Cao Cao had been named General-in-chief (da jiangjun by the young emperor and enfeoffed as Marquis of Wuping.
In his decree he said that his intention to do so was made clear when he appointed Cao Pi the Central Commander of Five Guards, because, except for Cao Pi, all his other children were enfeoffed. See "Li Taizi ling" [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII], in Cao Cao ji yizhu, 173.
58-76), and was enfeoffed at Runan [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] (located in present-day Henan province, approximately 250 kilometers southeast of Luoyang).
12 and the line in the MWD text describe him as being enfeoffed at Chyi.
(19) Lord Xue [UNKNOWN TEXT OMITTED] , also known as Lord Mengchang Tian Wen [UNKNOWN TEXT OMITTED], was of the same clan as the king of Qi and was enfeoffed at Xue.
If we suppose that Wu has been transferred to the bottom row for some reason (either its semi-barbarian nature or simply because it was the last state enfeoffed), the next row is Sung, which is also often included among the Five Hegemons.
In the introduction to a table enumerating the followers of Han Kao-tsu who were enfeoffed for their achievements (which also notes their descendants who lost those fiefs), Ssu-ma suggests that by presenting numerous examples of success and dishonor, the chapter may function as a handbook of prudent behavior for intelligent readers.
Legal browser ?
- enabling act
- Enabling Clause
- Enabling powers
- Enabling Statute
- Endangered Species Act
- Endangering a child
- Endangering welfare of a child
- Ending lease payments
- Enemy Combatant
- Energy Department
- Engel v. Vitale
- English Bill of Rights
- English Heritage
- English Law
- English-Only Laws
- Engrossed Bill
- Enoch Arden Doctrine
- Enrolled Bill
Full browser ?
- Enfermedad Celíaca
- Enfermedad Cronica No Transmisible
- Enfermedad Inflamatoria Intestinal
- Enfermedad Mental grave Y Prolongada
- Enfermedad Mixta del Tejido Conectivo
- Enfermedad Pulmonar Obstructiva Cronica
- Enfermedad Pulmonar Obstructiva Crónica
- Enfermedad Rara
- Enfermedad Sexualmente Transmisible
- Enfermedad, Maternidad y Accidentes
- Enfermedades de Transmisión Sexual