Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
We took from them three horses, and all their baggage; and being informed, by two of our number that went to their town, that the Indians had entirely evacuated it, we proceeded no further, and returned with all possible expedition to assist our garrison against the other party.
At last, one afternoon, she arrived very late, with her face so desperately pale and her eyes so desperately red, that Raoul resolved to go to all lengths, including that which he foreshadowed when he blurted out that he would not go on the North Pole expedition unless she first told him the secret of the man's voice.
He was gone for four years, and when he returned all had been over for three; for about a year after his departure, and shortly before the time for the return of an expedition which had gone forth to fetch the fruits of a community incubator, the egg had hatched.
The United States were the first in the field; and in New York they made preparations for an expedition destined to pursue this narwhal.
The expedition against Louisburg first began to be thought of in the month of January.
He did not awaken anybody, he placed his portmanteau under his arm, descended the stairs without making one of them creak and without disturbing one of the sonorous snorings in every story from the garret to the cellar, then, having saddled his horse, shut the stable and house doors, he set off, at a foot-pace, on his expedition to Bretagne.
Three white men, then, two half-breeds, one negro, and three Indians made up the personnel of the little expedition which lay waiting for its instructions at Manaos before starting upon its singular quest.
Barth is a Hamburger, who obtained permission for himself and for his countryman Overweg to join the expedition of the Englishman Richardson.
As soon as it was light enough to see their surroundings Lieutenant Charpentier sent men in groups of three in several directions to locate the trail, and in ten minutes it was found and the expedition was hurrying back toward the beach.
I wish to try the contrary," replied the duke; "and then you are acquainted with my ideas upon the expedition - plenty of noise, plenty of fire, and, if so it must be, I shall disappear in the smoke.
Pierre saw that Boris wished to change the subject, and being of the same mind he began explaining the advantages and disadvantages of the Boulogne expedition.
Almost immediately upon his return to the village Tarzan commenced making preparations for leading an expedition in search of the ruined city of gold which old Waziri had described to him.
Legal browser ?
- expatiate on
- Expedit reipublicae ut sit finis litium
- expedited determination
- expedited judgment
- expeditious performance
- expel from the bar
- expel from the legal profession
- expend gradually
- expend slowly
- expenditure of energy
- Expensae litis
- expense of transportation
- expense outlay
Full browser ?
- Expedited Removal Action
- Expedited Response Action
- Expedited Safety Report
- Expedited Session Service Data Unit
- Expedited Site Assessment
- Expedited Task Order Process
- Expedited Transport Service Data Unit
- Expediting the Process of Experiments to the Space Station
- Expédition Glaciologique Internationale au Groenland
- Expedition Leadership Style Analysis
- Expedition Medicine
- Expedition of Humphrey Clinker, The
- Expedition of the Russian Navy to America in 1863–64
- Expedition of the Russian Navy to the Bosporus in 1833
- Expedition race
- Expedition ship
- Expedition Yachts International
- Expedition, Scientific
- Expeditionary Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron
- expeditionary aerospace forces
- Expeditionary Air Base
- Expeditionary Air Base Group
- Expeditionary Air Control Squadron
- Expeditionary Air Defense System
- Expeditionary Air Mobility Squadron
- Expeditionary Air Refueling Squadron
- Expeditionary Air Support Operations Group
- Expeditionary Air Wing
- Expeditionary Airborne Air Control Squadron
- Expeditionary Airborne Command Control Squadron
- Expeditionary Airfield
- Expeditionary Airfield Service Unit
- Expeditionary Base Information Infrastructure