failure to pay on note

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Nevada
a person was going to sale my husband and I a car for 2000.00dls, he signed me an agreement note (on 10/27/05)which was witnessed by a 4th person. We never got the car, he kept promising he would give us the 2000 dills cash we gave him back, he then gave me a check on 12/01/05 for the amount and was bounced!. I know from a close resource that he has money and property but he is also planning on moving out of the state. If I have his ss# can the law track him down, can I file for a lawsuit, or how can I get my money back?.


Based on what you say here, you could probably file suit against him (or at least threaten to do so) in small claims court or in regular court; filing in small claims court is easier and requires no could try tocollect all of the costs and damages that you suffered due to his can also file a police report for the bad check--
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.
Full browser ?