fale police report

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: All States/Provinces

someone is threatening to file a false police report against me.I can obtain documentation proving I did not commit the crime. what should I do? what can be done to the person filing the false police report? would there be anything negative placed on my record providing I prove my innocence?


It is a crime for them to even threaten to do so if they are trying to blackmail you; in any case you can file a police report yourself against them if need be...
These questions and answers are provided by WORLDLawDirect.com. ©2000 - 2007 by WORLDLawDirect.com, Inc.