false stolen car charges

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Texas

a month and a half ago my daughter's car got stolen and wrecked. now the city is trying to prosecute her for filing a false report. the city nark was the one that stole the car. he confessed. but since he is under city protection they aren't doing anything. we cant even get a police report to file with our insurance. and yes we are still paying for the car that she cant drive because it was totaled. that car was her life. she has nothing now. we feel as though she is being victimized.


Based on what you say here, you could probably file suit against them (or at least threaten to do so) in small claims court or in regular court; filing in small claims court is easier and requires no attorney...you could try to collect all of the costs and damages that you suffered due to their behavior...
These questions and answers are provided by WORLDLawDirect.com. ©2000 - 2007 by WORLDLawDirect.com, Inc.