Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
I claim that in tense-oriented languages like Dutch and German, it is the discovery of the distinction between infinitival and finite marking which is responsible for this first fission, whereas in aspectual-oriented languages like Russian, it is the perfective/imperfective opposition which is used to convey the same basic distinction in temporal reference BY IMPLICATION (then to be complemented by the finiteness distinction in a further step).
As different predictions are made for RIs and finite sentences, a division is made between sentences on the basis of presence or absence of finiteness.
As a way of avoiding this conclusion, it has been suggested that child RIs result from the nonadult properties of the syntax/pragmatics interface, rather than attesting to a syntactic deficit that involves optional projection of finiteness features.
The human being as role in the drama of life on the stage of the world is a conceptual allegory that arises from insight into the finiteness of life.
A historian or linguist would argue that on the cosmic scale, the rapidity with which languages come and go proves their finiteness and their inferiority to time.
Finiteness is the capacity to head a potentially independent predication.
Under the conditions of finiteness plurality is not our disability, but our salvation.
Rather than being overwhelmed by finiteness and nonbeing, a healthy and adaptive individual embraces existential anxiety.
Cartwright states with a view to Schopenhauer's readings: "These Early Romantics promoted the cultivation of one's feelings and imagination as the means of knowledge, fostered an idiosyncratic form of individuality, self-consciously employed mythology, loved fairy tales and the Orient, glorified art--especially music--and sought to transcend all finiteness, limitation, and dualism through identification with some greater whole.
In spite of the finiteness of his system man is always present to himself in his entirety.
The finiteness of specifics to the bringing of a ladder falls upon some individuals.
Such arguments have become dubious on Earth, as wc realize the finiteness of its resources, but in space such limits are very-distant indeed.
Legal browser ?
- Finis finem litibus imponit
- Finis rei attendendus est
- Finis unius diei est principium alterius
- finish litigation
- finish up
- finished product
- finishing stroke
- finite quantity
- Fire and Rescue Authorities
- fire at
- fire from employment
- Fire Statute
- fire up
- Fired employee without saying it, money owed
- firing a charge
- firm advice
- firm attachment
- firm belief
- firm hold
- firm in adherence
- firm in allegiance
- firm in principle
- firm name
- Firm Offer
Full browser ?
- Finite-state machine
- Finite-State Machine Channel
- Finite-State Machine Joint Source/Channel
- Finite-State Markov Model
- Finite-State Markovian Channel
- Finite-State Methods in Natural Language Processing
- Finite-State Sequential Machine
- Finite-State Transition Diagram
- Finite-State Vector Quantization Over Noisy Channel
- Finite-State Vector Quantizer
- Finite-Step Dynamical Algorithm
- Finite-Temperature Hartree-Fock
- Finite-Temperature Hartree-Fock-Bogolyubov
- Finite-Termination Theorem
- Finite-Time Constrained Optimal Control Problem
- Finite-Time Lyapunov Exponent
- Finite-Volume Coastal Ocean Model
- Finite-Volume Particle Method
- Finite-Width Conductor-Backed CoPlanar Waveguide
- finitely additive set function
- Finitely Extensible Nonlinear Elastic
- Finitely generated
- finitely generated extension
- finitely generated left module
- finitely representable
- Finitist mathematics
- Finjan SecureBrowsing
- fink on
- fink on someone
- fink out
- fink out
- fink out on someone/something
- Fink truss
- Fink, Albert
- Fink, Max
- Fink, Mike
- Fink, R.P.
- Fink, RP