Mentioned in ?
- abstract of title
- accord and satisfaction
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Alaska Boundary Dispute
- blue sky law
- Boyfriend injured at home
- Brief for Appellee
- Brief for the Defendant in Error, Muller v. Oregon
- byway open to all traffic
- car rolls back and damages occurred
- charged for being drunk, assault
References in classic literature ?
The lion had no sooner entered the tunnel than he backed immediately out again and, pivoting like a flash, was off across the gulch in full charge after the flying ape-man; but Tarzan's lead was too great--if he could find finger or foothold upon the sheer wall he would be safe; but should he slip from the wet rocks his doom was already sealed as he would fall directly into Numa's clutches where even the Great Tarmangani would be helpless.
With the agility of a cat Tarzan ran up the cliff for thirty feet before he paused, and there finding a secure foothold, he stopped and looked down upon Numa who was leaping upward in a wild and futile attempt to scale the rocky wall to his prey.
And if the partition which she made with the Venetians in Lombardy was justified by the excuse that by it she got a foothold in Italy, this other partition merited blame, for it had not the excuse of that necessity.
I was just about to clamber along the jagged rocks which lie at the base of the cliff next to the sea, in search of some foothold to the top, when I chanced to see a canoe rounding the end of the island.
The snow was from two to three feet deep, but soft and yielding, so that the horses had no foothold, but kept plunging forward, straining themselves by perpetual efforts.
The New York of Newland Archer's day was a small and slippery pyramid, in which, as yet, hardly a fissure had been made or a foothold gained.
I had just steadied my foothold on the uneven ground behind the tree, when the stillness of the twilight hour was suddenly broken by the distant sound of a voice.
Over the ploughland riding was utterly impossible; the horse could only keep a foothold where there was ice, and in the thawing furrows he sank deep in at each step.
If she slipped, by accident, from off the Spit, she fell in where there's foothold at the bottom, at a depth that would barely cover her to the waist.
When at last we came to a badly ruptured bit of masonry, with hoof-prints evidencing a desperate struggle to regain the lost foothold, I looked quite hopefully over the dizzy precipice.
I passed on till I came to the river; it was still full, but the water had run down a little, so that my feet found foothold.
By this time, we had lost our foothold and were spinning round in the water, carried away by an irresistible whirl, for the water turned with us and dashed us against the dark mirror, which thrust us back again; and our throats, raised above the whirlpool, roared aloud.
Legal browser ?
- Foltz, Clara Shortridge
- fond of home
- fond of investigation
- Food and Drug Administration
- food safety
- foot passenger
- foot the bill
- foot traveler
- Footnote 4
- for a beginning
- for a certainty
- for a select few
- for a still stronger reason
- for a time
- for all history
- for all to see
- for cause
- for each and every day
- for each day
- for- eign phrases: ubi lex aliquem cogit ostendere causam
- for ever and ever
- for every day
- For example
- for just reason
- for legitimate reason
- for mere discussion only
- for nothing
Full browser ?
- Foothills Acoustic Music Institute
- Foothills and Canyons Overlay Zone
- Foothills Art Center
- Foothills Asset Management Ltd.
- Foothills Climate Analysis Facility
- Foothills Concert Band
- Foothills Conservancy of North Carolina
- Foothills District Dietetic Association
- Foothills Dressage and Combined Training Club
- Foothills Elementary
- Foothills Energy Services, Ltd.
- Foothills Environmental Learning Center
- Foothills Foundation Quarter Horse Club
- Foothills Growth and Yield Association
- Foothills Habitat for Humanity
- Foothills Indian Horse Club
- Foothills Land Trust
- Foothills Library Association
- Foothills Major Baseball Association
- Foothills Middle School
- Foothills Nordic Ski Club
- foothills palo verde
- Foothills Park and Recreation District
- Foothills Regional Victim Services
- Foothills Search and Rescue
- Foothills Street Rod Association
- Foothills Wanderers Orienteering Club
- Foothills Wildlife Research Facility
- Footing beam
- Footing beam
- Footing course
- Footing course
- footing piece
- footing stone
- footing stop
- footing the bill
- footing up