Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
His walking in the fields and through the forests at night had brought him close to nature and there were forces in the passionately religious man that ran out to the forces in nature.
A wide and apparently an impervious boundary of forests severed the possessions of the hostile provinces of France and England.
But the brook, in the course of its little lifetime among the forest trees, had gone through so solemn an experience that it could not help talking about it, and seemed to have nothing else to say.
We became very familiar with the fertilizer in the Forest.
Now, I listened, answering nothing; but when all had done, I asked to see the club which should be given to him who dared to face the Amatongo, the spirits who lived in the forest upon the Ghost Mountain.
Whereupon I turned and made for the city as fast as I could go, not seeing a single elephant by the way, which convinced me that they had retired deeper into the forest to leave the way open to the Ivory Hill, and I did not know how sufficiently to admire their sagacity.
Amidst these pleasant and praiseworthy meditations, Goodman Brown heard the tramp of horses along the road, and deemed it advisable to conceal himself within the verge of the forest, conscious of the guilty purpose that had brought him thither, though now so happily turned from it.
But the Lion went away into the forest and found his own supper, and no one ever knew what it was, for he didn't mention it.
Then said they: 'There is nothing to be done here,' and they went home and told the cook that they had seen nothing in the forest but a little rose-bush with one rose on it.
The grass was as close-cropped and carpet-like as some old English lawn and the trees themselves showed evidence of careful pruning to a uniform height of about fifteen feet from the ground, so that as one turned his glance in any direction the forest had the appearance at a little distance of a vast, high-ceiled chamber.
Slowly the stricken flier sank to the ground, and when I had freed myself and Woola from the entangling wreckage I found that we were upon the verge of a natural forest--so rare a thing upon the bosom of dying Mars that, outside of the forest in the Valley Dor beside the Lost Sea of Korus, I never before had seen its like upon the planet.
The hunting warriors emerged from the forest, and when all were within the palisade the gates were closed and barred.
Legal browser ?
- foresee the future
- foreseeable risk
- forge ahead
- Forged bill of sale
- forged check
- forged copy
Full browser ?
- foreskin of penis
- Foreskin restoration
- Foreskin restoration
- Foresnic dentistry
- Forest & Forest Products Employment Skills Company
- Forest & Trees
- Forest Action Network
- Forest Alliance of British Columbia
- Forest and Biodiversity Conservation Alliance
- Forest and Fishery Products Division
- Forest and forestry
- Forest and Other Wooded Land
- Forest and Range Evaluation Program
- Forest and Rangeland Ecosystem Science Center
- Forest and Rangeland Research
- Forest and Rangeland Resources Assessment Program
- Forest and Rural Fire Association of New Zealand
- Forest and Rural Fires Act
- Forest and Trees
- Forest and Watershed Geology Program
- Forest and Watershed Health Plan
- Forest and Wildlife Ecology
- Forest and Wildlife Research Center
- Forest and Wood Products Research and Development Corporation
- Forest Atmosphere Carbon Transfer and Storage
- Forest Available for Wood Supply
- Forest Based Small-Scale Enterprises
- Forest Beat/Desert Jazz
- Forest Biodiversity Expanded Programme of Work
- Forest Biology Research Cooperative
- Forest Biomass Working Group
- Forest Biometrics Research Institute
- Forest Biometry, Modelling and Information Sciences
- Forest Biosecurity Research Council