formula

(redirected from formulaically)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.

formula

noun avenue, axiom, canon, code, expedient, fixed expression, form, formulary, maxim, method, mode, model, phrase, postulate, prescribed prooedure, prescription, principle, proposition, recipe, rubric, rule, standard, theorem, usage
Associated concepts: formula instruction
See also: arrangement, avenue, comment, criterion, directive, expedient, expression, form, guide, method, mode, phrase, prescription, principle, rule, system, usage
References in periodicals archive ?
But a fitting punishment in a given case demands that the offender and his offense be judged individually, not formulaically.
Their style of judging reflected a high degree of pragmatic analysis of the facts and context of the cases before them, and a reluctance to apply legal rules and precedents formulaically to overturn legislative enactments with which they disagreed.
Precisely in this context, our collaborative Cukor aims to dismantle, in the second place therefore, all the neat dualisms formulaically associated with this particular husband-and-wife pairing: the female in private practice, on the one hand, who is able to go public in her defence of a much maligned mother and the male as public defender, on the other hand, who relishes a private moment at home preparing his wife lamb curry in the second "That Evening" sequence.
Britain's shows how you can rake a good painter (Leon Kossoff) and make him look mediocre by including nothing but plum-and-pus color schemes, and by hanging so many pictures that his thick expressionism comes off as formulaically decorative texturizing.
karikai also means "a woman," and these karikas are couched as an address to an unidentified internal listener who is a young woman, formulaically described, sometimes at some length.
CHICAGO, April 17 /PRNewswire/ -- The Entrex Index Fund, a fund which will invest formulaically in every Entrex constituent (similar to the NASDAQ Spiders or Dow Indices) is suspending previously announced initiatives with the Business Development Corporation EMEC (BB: EMEC.
For example, best-in-class pharmaceutical companies formulaically know to spend 20% of their marketing budget on pre- launch market research and thought leader development, with the remaining 80% earmarked for launch and post-launch media advertising, scientific/medical meetings and promotional campaigns.
Given the location of the epicenter, some $300 million in parametric earthquake bonds were unaffected, as their payouts are determined formulaically based on quake location and magnitude.
This variable, which includes subsidies allocated both formulaically (chiho kofuzei kofukin) and nonformulaically (kokko shishutsu-kin) is intended as a proxy for how incumbents can cope with the AI type of partisan advantage.
Whereas in much of the collection Chesnutt explores and explodes the concept of racial classification and the mulatto's place in this classification, in "The Web of Circumstance" the story line unfolds formulaically.
Both of us, as writers, are, I feel, formulaically encumbered by the twin traditions of Girl, Interrupted and Refuge.
To build quickly or formulaically generally entails the debasement of materials, with a resulting sensory impoverishment.