Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
foundations) and correspondencies or relations with other states--a common meaning of "correspondence" and "correspondency" in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.
But when truth conquered, theology established itself just as firmly on the new foundation.
There are in every part of the valley a great many of these massive stone foundations which have no houses upon them.
These, in the accomplishment of your undertaking, you were summoned to encounter in their most hideous forms; these you met with that fortitude, and combated with that perseverance, which you had promised in their anticipation; these you completely vanquished in establishing the foundations of New England, and the day which we now commemorate is the perpetual memorial of your triumph.
I began to occupy my house on the 4th of July, as soon as it was boarded and roofed, for the boards were carefully feather-edged and lapped, so that it was perfectly impervious to rain, but before boarding I laid the foundation of a chimney at one end, bringing two cartloads of stones up the hill from the pond in my arms.
From the fact of the reef-building corals not living at great depths, it is absolutely certain that throughout these vast areas, wherever there is now an atoll, a foundation must have originally existed within a depth of from 20 to 30 fathoms from the surface.
The temptations to enter political life were so alluring that I came very near yielding to them at one time, but I was kept from doing so by the feeling that I would be helping in a more substantial way by assisting in the laying of the foundation of the race through a generous education of the hand, head, and heart.
Having taken for granted that there was a foundation in truth for what she herself had heard in her aunt's room, could she reasonably resist the conclusion that there must be a foundation in truth for what Mrs.
Surely such persons, if they will not be thought mad, must own, either that they are incapable of tasting the sweets of the tenderest friendship, or that they sacrifice the greatest happiness of which they are capable to the vain, uncertain, and senseless laws of vulgar opinion, which owe as well their force as their foundation to folly."
He is thus completely wedged before and behind, and can only expand himself sideways by settling down on his stretched legs; but a sudden, violent pitch of the boat will often go far to topple him, because length of foundation is nothing without corresponding breadth.
And, I trust, America will be the broad and solid foundation of other edifices, not less magnificent, which will be equally permanent monuments of their errors.
The old charter of Massachusetts, which the people regarded as a holy thing and as the foundation of all their liberties, was declared void.
Legal browser ?
- foster child
- foster hope
- foster parents
- foul invective
- foul language
- foul play
- foul talk
- Found guilty of running red lights in New York City
- Found not guilty of DUI, still on driving records
- found wanting
- Found worm in food
- foundation of a suit
- Foundations of U.S. Law
- founded in confidence
- founded in law
- founded on
- founded on circumstances
- founded on fact
- founded on fiction
- founding father
- Four Corners
- four corners of an instrument
- Four Courts
- four freedoms
- fourteenth amendment
- Fourth Amendment
- fourth driving offense
Full browser ?
- Foundation, Machine
- Foundation-Focused Training Opportunities
- Foundational Model of Anatomy
- Foundations and Applications of Possibility Theory
- Foundations and Applications of Spatio-Temporal Reasoning
- Foundations and Donors Interested in Catholic Activities
- Foundations and Materials
- Foundations and Trends
- Foundations for Algebra
- Foundations for Farming
- Foundations for Home Ownership
- Foundations for People Development
- Foundations for the Future Charter Academy
- Foundations in Area Studies for Translators
- Foundations in Continuing Education
- Foundations in Genesis of Idaho/Oregon
- Foundations in Herbal Medicine
- Foundations of Advanced 3D Information Visualisation
- Foundations of Aspect Languages
- Foundations of Buildings and Structures
- Foundations of Card Magic
- Foundations of Clinical Practice
- Foundations of Clinical Terminologies and Classifications
- Foundations of Complex Financial Institutions
- Foundations of Component Based Systems
- Foundations of Computation Theory
- Foundations of Computational Intelligence
- Foundations of Computational Linguistics
- Foundations of Computational Mathematics
- Foundations Of Computer Science
- Foundations of Computer Science Group
- Foundations of Computer Security
- Foundations Of Computer-Aided Process Design