References in periodicals archive ?
Five of the plotters, radical revolutionaries who had hoped to trigger a general uprising, were executed.
In November 1875, activists of the Bulgarian Central Revolutionary Committee met in the Romanian town of Giurgiu and decided that the political situation was suitable for a general uprising.
For a long time, there seemed to be very little going on, but recently we've witnessed a general uprising of great bands and we're all clawing our way into the big shows and getting our names round in anyway we see fit.
From the beginning they had two strategies -- either a general uprising or a coup d'etat that would somehow give them a say in the military government that followed.
He says that it was on the 9th and 10th of December 1971 that General Niazi expressed his apprehension of a general uprising in the Dacca city and ordered him to examine the possibility of arresting certain persons according to lists which were already with the various agencies, namely the Martial Law Authorities and the Intelligence Branch.
The paper cites university professor Gjorgji Tonovski as saying that appeals for a general uprising cannot provoke a major civil conflict and are only intended for party mobilization.
The present deteriorating situation would require the army and police to stop a general uprising, which would endanger the security of the borders.
Faizan, who is also a candidate for upcoming parliamentary elections, warned that the killing of innocent people would lead to a general uprising against the Taliban.
The violence in Arab East Jerusalem, which has since dissipated, was accompanied by warnings from Palestinians in senior positions of the risk of a third Intifada, or general uprising.
Palestinians in senior positions have warned of the risk of a "third intifada," or general uprising.
the commanders of the Polish insurgent Home Army, loyal to Poland's government-in-exile in London, called for a general uprising throughout the Nazi-occupied city.
During the Tet Lunar New Year holiday of January 1968, the North Vietnamese Army and the military forces of the National Liberation Front (the Viet Cong) launched a surprise attack on numerous targets across South Vietnam, hoping to spark a general uprising amongst the South Vietnamese people against the South Vietnamese government and their American backers.
Legal browser ?
- general law
- General Legacy
- general meaning
- General Medical Council
- general meeting
- general notion
- general pardon
- general partner
- general performance
- general plan
- general principle
- general principles
- general public
- general reciprocity
- general rule
- general run
- general safety requirement
- General Services Administration
- General ship
- General special imparlance
- general statement
- general store
- General Teaching Council
- General Term
- General traverse
- general uprising
- General Verdict
- General Warranty Deed
- General Welfare
- Generale dictum generaliter est interpretandum
- Generale nihil certum implicat
- Generale tantum valet in generalibus
- Generalia sunt praeponenda singularibus
- Generalia verba sunt generaliter intelligenda
- generally accepted
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- generally known
- generally practiced
- generally seen
- generally speaking
- generation skipping
Full browser ?
- General Udp Transport Teleservice
- General Unary Hypotheses Automaton
- General Underwriters Agreement
- General Unemployment Insurance Development Effort
- General Unified Ammunition Reporting Data System
- General Unilateral Neuro-Link Dispersive Autonomic Maneuver System
- General Union for Algerian Workers
- General Union of Arab Students
- General Union of Arab Writers
- General Union of Eelam Students
- General Union of Journalists
- General Union of Loom Overlookers
- General Union of Oil Employees
- General Union of Oil Workers
- General Union of Palestinian Students
- General Union of Palestinian Teachers
- General Union of Palestinian Women
- General Union of Students in Iraq
- General Union of the Nuba Mountains
- General Union of Voluntary Societies
- General Union of Workers
- General unitary group
- General Unitary Pre-Coder
- General University Academic Center
- General University Reference Utility
- General University Requirement
- general unloading period
- General Unrestricted Line
- General Unsecured Creditor
- General Updating of Frequent Itemsets
- general uprising
- General Urine Examination
- General Usage for International Digitally Ensured Commerce
- General Usage Network
- General Use Compost
- General Use Consumables
- General Use Consumables List
- General Use Line Card
- General Use Pesticide
- General Use Programming Interface
- General User
- General User Guide
- General User Interface
- General User Radio License
- General User Training
- General Utilities Doctrine
- general utility airport
- General Utility Easement
- general utility index
- General Utility Lattice Program
- General Utility Library Program
- General Utility Squadron
- General Utility, Deck and Engine
- General Value Shifting Regime
- general verdict
- general verdict
- General Vesting Declaration
- General Vice President
- General View
- General Visceral Afferent
- general visceral afferent column