Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
Then they once more shake hands long and heartily and part, the ironmaster turning his face to the smoke and fires, and the trooper to the green country.
I took up the vessel with much difficulty in both hands, and in a most respectful manner drank to her ladyship's health, expressing the words as loud as I could in English, which made the company laugh so heartily, that I was almost deafened with the noise.
In his way he met his old friend Black George, who heartily condoled with him on his misfortune; for this had already reached his ears, and indeed those of all the neighbourhood.
George answered with some hesitation, "Sir, you know you may command me whatever is in my power, and I heartily wish it was in my power to do you any service.
Him whom I love, I love better in winter than in summer; better do I now mock at mine enemies, and more heartily, when winter sitteth in my house.
When it was done, I served it up in my best manner, and enjoyed it most heartily.
Same to you, my boy,' replied Wardle; and they pledged each other, heartily.
Pickwick had not spoken in a very loud tone, but she understood him at once, and drank off a full glass of wine to his long life and happiness; after which the worthy old soul launched forth into a minute and particular account of her own wedding, with a dissertation on the fashion of wearing high-heeled shoes, and some particulars concerning the life and adventures of the beautiful Lady Tollimglower, deceased; at all of which the old lady herself laughed very heartily indeed, and so did the young ladies too, for they were wondering among themselves what on earth grandma was talking about.
And me, and me,' said a couple of poor relations at the bottom of the table, who had eaten and drunk very heartily, and laughed at everything.
With reference to your item from Labour MP, Ronnie Campbell, regarding the issuing of veteran's lapel badges for First and Second World War combatants, I heartily agree.
He was the happy marriage of form and substance, laughing heartily as he endeavored to aid the greater good.
At a rodeo, Borat informs a Southern man that gays are hanged in Kazakhstan, to which the Southerner heartily responds, 'We're trying to do the same here.
Legal browser ?
- hear a cause
- hear the case
- hear-by dates
- hearing before the court
- Hearing Examiner
- hearing of evidence
- hearing officer
- hearing on the merits
- hearing without jury’s presence
- hearken to
- Hearsay evidence
- hearsay rule
- Hearst, Patty
- Heart Balm Acts
- heart of stone
- Heat of Passion
- heated debate
- heave up
- heaven sent
- heaviness of heart
- heaviness of spirit
- heavy demand
Full browser ?
- Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Education Foundation
- Hearth, Patio and Barbecue Association of Canada
- Hearth, Patio and Barbecue Expo
- Heartland Adjunct Faculty Association
- Heartland Alliance of America
- Heartland Apicultural Society
- Heartland Area Education Agency
- Heartland Association of Diabetes Educators
- Heartland Band
- Heartland Baptist Bible College
- Heartland Bernese Mountain Dog Club
- Heartland Center for Public Health Preparedness
- Heartland Chapter of Illinois Association of the Deaf
- Heartland Child Care Partnerships
- Heartland Christian Academy
- Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference
- Heartland Collegiate Conference
- Heartland Community Action Agency
- Heartland Community Bankers Association
- Heartland Community Credit Union
- Heartland Consumers Power District