References in classic literature ?
Two or three times to-day I have had the word 'hospitality' pushed down my throat; this is not fair.
Marie Michon, who made the most charming cavalier in the world, pushed open the door, put her head in and asked for hospitality. `Willingly, my young cavalier,' said the priest, `if you will be content with the remains of my supper and with half my chamber.'
A cavalier, charged with an important mission, had come an hour before your arrival, seeking hospitality, at the very moment that the cure, summoned to the bedside of a dying person, left not only his house but the village, for the entire night.
``Tush, tell not me, fellow,'' said the military rider; ``'tis easy for them to arise and supply the wants of travellers such as we are, who will not stoop to beg the hospitality which we have a right to command.''
"There it was that I heard news of Ulysses, for the king told me he had entertained him, and shown him much hospitality while he was on his homeward journey.
It is not for any such reason that I shall treat you kindly, but only out of respect for Jove the god of hospitality, as fearing him and pitying you."
"And a pretty figure I should cut then," replied Eumaeus, "both now and hereafter, if I were to kill you after receiving you into my hut and showing you hospitality. I should have to say my prayers in good earnest if I did; but it is just supper time and I hope my men will come in directly, that we may cook something savoury for supper."
It is needless to say how vigorously they acquitted themselves on this occasion, and how unnecessary it was for their hosts to practice the usual cramming principle of Indian hospitality.
He thanked Ozma for her hospitality and wished her many happy returns of the day.
With those words, he walks out of the room as quietly as he walked into it, and leaves his two guests to meditate gratefully on Shetland hospitality. We both wonder what those last mysterious words of our host mean; and we exchange more or less ingenious guesses on the subject of that nameless "other person" who may possibly attend on me--until the arrival of dinner turns our thoughts into a new course.
Since Stena Line initially achieved the Hospitality Assured standard in 2000 one of its five Irish Sea routes has been audited against the standard's criteria in order to retain the annually re-assessed standard.
When I received this book and the invitation to review it, I was immediately struck by the title: Untamed Hospitality: Welcoming God and Other Strangers.
Legal browser ?
- horn in
- Hornblower, William Butler
- hornbook law
- hors de combat
- Hors de son fee
- hospital case
- hospital order
- hospitalized person
- hospitio excipere
- hostile contest
- hostile criticism
- hostile demonstration
- hostile eloquence
- hostile encounter
- hostile entrance
- hostile entry
- Hostile Fire
- hostile invasion
- hostile person
- hostile possession
- hostile verdict
- hostile witness
Full browser ?
- Hospitalisation d'Office
- Hospitalisation de Jour
- hospitalisation insurance
- Hospitalisation Libre
- Hospitalist Management Group
- Hospitalists as Emerging Leaders in Patient Safety
- Hospitalite Notre Dame de Lourdes
- Hospitality Accommodations of Texas
- Hospitality Administration and Management
- Hospitality and Accommodation Services
- Hospitality and Catering Consultants
- Hospitality and Event Planning Network
- Hospitality and Food Service
- Hospitality and Leisure
- Hospitality and Resort Management
- Hospitality and Restaurant Information System
- Hospitality and Tourism Association
- Hospitality and Tourism Association of Botswana
- Hospitality and Tourism Index
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Training Centre
- Hospitality Asia Platinum Award
- Hospitality Association
- Hospitality Association of New Zealand
- Hospitality Association of Northern Ireland
- Hospitality Business Alliance
- Hospitality Coalition on Indoor Air Quality
- Hospitality company
- Hospitality company
- Hospitality company
- Hospitality Consultants, Inc.
- Hospitality Development Group, Inc
- Hospitality eBusiness Strategies, Inc.
- Hospitality Education and Networking Association
- Hospitality Financial & Technology Professionals
- Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals
- Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals Association