injured on job

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Louisiana

My fiancee was injured on the job and was then fired. He was a driver for Pepsi and on the day of the accident he told the mechanic that the brakes were not working and that the steering column was messed up. The mechanic told him to go on and drive the truck anyway and on that day he was injured. Leading up to this my fiancee always wrote up everything that was wrong with the truck and the mechanic did not like him for it and often threatened that he would find a way to get my fiancee fired. My fiancee believes that the mechanic had something to do with the accident that he had and we would like to know what to do about it. The company actted as if they were hiding something because they took the truck to a different location and had it investigated. What should we do. The company also does not want to pay his doctor bills.


You may want to first file a police report and ask for an investigation...It is certainly possible you have a case based on what you say here; you should take a brief description of these events as well as your medicalrecords to an injury and or workers compensation attorney and see if the attorney thinks you have a claim; often you need to contact several attorneys to find one to take the case; the review of your case and records is often free and then they will normally take the case on a contingency fee basis if they think you can win; you would pay only if they collect for you...
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.