joint credit card debt

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: All States/Provinces

I unfortunately have incurred a great deal of credit debt. When my husband finds out the actual amount, I'm not sure how he'll handle it. What I need to know is, can I have all the debt put into my name? If he decides to leave I don\t want him to have to pay any of it. It's my debt and I want to take responsibility and I don't want him hurt at all. Would this be possible? Can I protect him?


You normally cannot change it now if you are both on the account unless the lender agrees--and they will not likely do so--if you were to divorce he could deduct those amounts from your property and assets...
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.
Full browser ?