joint powers agreement


Also found in: Acronyms.

joint powers agreement

n. a contract between a city, a county, and/or a special district in which the city or county agrees to perform services, cooperate with, or lend its powers to, the special district.

References in periodicals archive ?
East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) is the water purveyor and provides operational services, as defined in a Joint Powers Agreement with the City, for the Alameda Point potable water system.
The FAA will provide 90 percent of the center's funds, with the college district and city and county of San Bernardino, who formed a joint powers agreement, sharing the remaining 10 percent.
Pools can, if provided in the joint powers agreement or enrollment document, assess their individual members to make up any financial shortfall.
Kari Collins, Ramsey County's community and economic director, said this week that a provision in the joint powers agreement between the city and the county allows for mediation if negotiations are at an impasse.
The Wasco Public Financing Authority is a public financing authority formed by a joint powers agreement between the City and the Wasco Redevelopment Agency.
At a Joint Development Authority Board meeting earlier this week, county officials triggered a dispute resolution clause in the Rice Creek Commons joint powers agreement to enter into mediation with the city.
The OIAA was formed in August 2012 by a Joint Powers Agreement between the City of Ontario and the County of San Bernardino to provide overall direction for the management, operations, development and marketing of ONT for the benefit of the Southern California economy and the residents of the airport's four-county catchment area.
Established in 1976 through a joint powers agreement, Omnitrans carries approximately 16 million passengers annually throughout its 480-square mile service area, covering 15 cities and portions of the unincorporated areas of San Bernardino County (approx 1.4 million residents).
Full browser ?