Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
Since the melting away of his gold, it had been very generally conceded that there was no such striking resemblance, after all, betwixt the ignoble features of the ruined merchant and that majestic face upon the mountainside.
The pines might be silvery and lofty, but the proud stature of majestic man, eclipsed in her eyes all their beauties.
So much for the ennui extra muros; of the ennui of the interior we will give the reader an idea if he will with us follow the cavalcade to the majestic porch of the castle of the states.
When the sun rose, and, for awhile, cleared away the mysterious mists, Suliman's Berg with the two majestic Breasts, now only about twenty miles off, seemed to be towering right above us, and looked grander than ever.
Time has caused the staircase to disappear, by raising the soil of the city with a slow and irresistible progress; but, while thus causing the eleven steps which added to the majestic height of the edifice, to be devoured, one by one, by the rising tide of the pavements of Paris,--time has bestowed upon the church perhaps more than it has taken away, for it is time which has spread over the façade that sombre hue of the centuries which makes the old age of monuments the period of their beauty.
This head, with its remarkably broad brow and cheekbones, its handsome, sensual mouth, and its cold, majestic expression, was not disfigured by the approach of death.
Perhaps the woman who came along the path was of tall and majestic figure, which should have shown my mother that I had contrived to start my train without her this time.
In him grew a majestic contempt for those strings of street cars that followed him like intent bugs.
To whom the Son of God, unmoved, replied:-- "Nor doth this grandeur and majestic shew Of luxury, though called magnificence, More than of arms before, allure mine eye, Much less my mind; though thou should'st add to tell Their sumptuous gluttonies, and gorgeous feasts On citron tables or Atlantic stone (For I have also heard, perhaps have read), Their wines of Setia, Cales, and Falerne, Chios and Crete, and how they quaff in gold, Crystal, and myrrhine cups, imbossed with gems And studs of pearl--to me should'st tell, who thirst And hunger still.
We went over fields, crossed by spidery trails of gray fences, where the withered grasses stuck forlornly up through the snow; we lingered for a time in a group of hill pines, great, majestic tree-creatures, friends of evening stars; and finally struck into the belt of fir and maple which intervened between Carlisle and Baywater.
On being fired, the projectile rose with great velocity, described a majestic parabola, attained a height of about a thousand feet, and with a graceful curve descended in the midst of the vessels that lay there at anchor.
In sustained imaginative grandeur of conception, expression, and imagery 'Paradise Lost' yields to no human work, and the majestic and varied movement of the blank verse, here first employed in a really great non-dramatic English poem, is as magnificent as anything else in literature.
Legal browser ?
- maintain a course
- maintain a middle position
- maintain as conformable to duty
- maintain as conformable to justice
- maintain by affirmation
- maintain by arguments
- maintain continuity
- maintain under oath
- maintained in prison
- maintenance allowance
- maintenance and champerty
- maintenance assessment
- maintenance of regularity
- maior numerus
- maior pars
- Maison de dieu
- Maitland, Frederic William
- major business asset transfer
- major event
- Major general
- major misfortune
- Major numerus in se continet minorem
- major part
- Majore poena affectus quam legibus statuta est
- Majori continet in se minus
- Majus dignum trahit in se minus dignum
- Majus est delictum seipsum occidare quam alium
- make a bargain
- make a beginning
- make a benefaction
- make a bequest
- make a bet
- make a bid
- make a butt of
- make a choice
- make a circuit
- make a clean breast
Full browser ?
- MAJCOM Information Systems Plan
- MAJCOM Manpower Management System
- MAJCOM On-Line Aerospace Vehicle & Trainer Reporting System
- MAJCOM Stock Fund Stratification Program
- Majdanek concentration camp
- Majdanek extermination camp
- Majelis Adat Budaya Melayu
- Majelis Adat Budaya Melayu Indonesia
- Majelis Adat Budaya Tionghoa
- Majelis Kehormatan Etika Kedokteran
- Majelis Kode Etik Kedokteran
- Majelis Nasional Pendidikan Katolik
- Majelis Pendidikan Kejuruan Nasional
- Majelis Permusyawaratan Rakyat
- Majelis Permusyawaratan Rakyat Sementara
- Majelis Permusyawaratan Ulama Indonesia
- Majelis Rektor Perguruan Tinggi Negeri Indonesia
- Majelis Tinggi Agama Konghucu Indonesia
- Majelis Ulama Indonesia
- Majelis Utama Desa Pakraman
- Majerova, Marie
- Majerová, Marie
- Majestic (disambiguation)
- Majestic (disambiguation)
- Majestic 12
- Majestic 12
- Majestic America Line
- Majestic Mountain and Lakeview Outfitters
- Majestic Mountain Sage
- Majestic Mountains Vacations
- Majestic Ranch Arts Foundation
- Majestic Variable Universal Life
- Majewski Osteodysplastic Primordial Dwarfism
- Majewski syndrome
- Majewski, Frank