Mentioned in ?
- Abuse Excuse
- Accept plea deal or not
- acquisitive prescription
- Adhesion Contract
- affirmative action
- Albright, Madeleine Korbel
- American Israel Public Affairs Committee
- Appendix to Appellants' Briefs
- Arrest for underage consumption of alcohol
- Banks of rivers
- Blackstone, Sir William
- Blood Feud
- Board of Directors
References in classic literature ?
Those who made conquests in Greece, having all of them an eye to the respective forms of government in their own cities, established either democracies or oligarchies, not considering what was serviceable to the state, but what was similar to their own; for which reason a government has never been established where the supreme power has been placed amongst those of the middling rank, or very seldom; and, amongst a few, one man only of those who have yet been conquerors has been persuaded to give the preference to this order of [1296b] men: it is indeed an established custom with the inhabitants of most cities not to desire an equality, but either to aspire to govern, or when they are conquered, to submit.
He had asked in a loud voice of the middling funny gentleman (then in the middle of a song) whether he thought Joey would be long in coming, and when at last Joey did come he screamed out, "How do you do, Joey
Certainly a nation does not seem threatened with immediate dissolution because an able clerk is sent away and a middling sort of man replaces him.
Being curious to know what position my great bubbles occupied with regard to the new ice, I broke out a cake containing a middling sized one, and turned it bottom upward.
There are scenes of all sorts; some dreadful combats, some grand and lofty horse-riding, some scenes of high life, and some of very middling indeed; some love-making for the sentimental, and some light comic business; the whole accompanied by appropriate scenery and brilliantly illuminated with the Author's own candles.
There are a good many of them middling bad this morning, sir," he said in a calm tone.
As soon as the bear felt the blow, and saw him, he turns about and comes after him, taking very long strides, and shuffling on at a strange rate, so as would have put a horse to a middling gallop; away reins Friday, and takes his course as if he ran towards us for help; so we all resolved to fire at once upon the bear, and deliver my man; though I was angry at him for bringing the bear back upon us, when he was going about his own business another way; and especially I was angry that he had turned the bear upon us, and then ran away; and I called out, "You dog
Indeed, this fellow showed abundance of ingenuity in several things which he had no knowledge of: he made him a forge, with a pair of wooden bellows to blow the fire; he made himself charcoal for his work; and he formed out of the iron crows a middling good anvil to hammer upon: in this manner he made many things, but especially hooks, staples, and spikes, bolts and hinges.
I might get some power and distinction by mere mediocrity, as they do; at least I should get those middling satisfactions which make men contented to do without great ones.
But my voice is only middling, like everything else in me.
Thompson, and Eric Hobsbawm, among others, Wells asserts, "When middling southerners voiced opposition to planter intransigence in supporting manufacturing enterprises, when they spoke in favor of education reform, when they argued that dueling was a barbaric relic that embarrassed the region, they were expressing a class ideology that was clearly in pursuit of class interests.
Legal browser ?
- Mibilia personam sequuntur
- Micel gemot
- Michaelmas term
- Michigan v. Tucker
- microcap stock
- middle class
- middle distance
- middle grade
- middle ground
- middle man
- middle point
- middle position
- middle state
- Middleman contracts
- midmost point
- Midnight Judges
- Migratory Bird Treaty of 1918
Full browser ?
- Middleware Action Plan and Strategy
- Middleware And Related Services
- Middleware Architectural Committee for Education
- Middleware Assisted Take-Up Service
- Middleware for Grid Computing
- Middleware for Mobile Embedded Peer-To-Peer Systems
- Middleware for Network Eccentric and Mobile Applications
- Middleware for Next-Generation Converged Networks and Applications
- Middleware for Sensor Networks
- Middleware for Service Oriented Computing
- Middleware for Web Services Workshop
- Middleware Improved Technology
- MiddleWare Node
- Middleware Sub Working Group
- Middleware Support for Pervasive Computing Workshop
- Middleware Systems Research Group
- Middleware Technology Evaluation
- Middleware-Application Interaction
- Middlewich Folk And Boat Festival
- Middlings purifier
- Middlings purifier
- Middlings purifier
- middy blouse
- middy blouses
- Mideast Data Systems
- Mideast Honors Association
- Mideastern Michigan Library Cooperative
- Mideastern Ohio Library Organization