References in classic literature ?
Ministering angel! you shall get your three thousand pounds.
'Well, yes - oh, you would intimate that her spirit has taken the post of ministering angel, and guards the fortunes of Wuthering Heights, even when her body is gone.
She is what your poet Scott 'ave said, a ministering angel thou.
He feels her superiority through every pore; he never before realised how absolutely inferior he is; he is abjectly polite, and contemptibly conciliatory; if a friend comes to see him, he eagerly praises her in case she should be listening behind the screen; he cannot call his soul his own, and, what is far more intolerable, neither is he sure that his body really belongs to him; he has read of ministering angels and the light touch of a woman's hand, but the day on which he can ring for his servant and put on his socks in private fills him with the same sort of wildness of joy that he felt as a homesick schoolboy at the end of his first term."
Earth had some very objectionable people in it; but, to make amends for that, all the women in heaven would be members of a prodigious committee that never quarrelled, with all the men in attendance on them as ministering angels. Beautiful!
They were women who idolized their children, worshiped their husbands, and esteemed it a holy privilege to efface themselves as individuals and grow wings as ministering angels.
From my earliest recollection, I date the en- tertainment of a deep conviction that slavery would not always be able to hold me within its foul em- brace; and in the darkest hours of my career in slav- ery, this living word of faith and spirit of hope de- parted not from me, but remained like ministering angels to cheer me through the gloom.
But as James' attachment to Mandy grows, so does their unease about the ministering angel. With a subtle and piercing wit, and fabulously drawn characters, this sharp family drama is a joy.
Barnes' ministering angel transports him to the beginning of time and the cosmos when humanity was but a twinkle in God's cosmic eye.
These images are: domestic worker; ministering angel; doctor's handmaiden; subordinate professional and autonomous professional.
Florence was known as the "ministering Angel" who arrived at the Scutari barracks in Turkey in 1854 to find wounded men kept in horrific conditions.
I'm still picking pieces (of glass) out." Professor John Tulloch, 63, who was on the train when the bomb went off, told the Prince a "ministering angel" Air Force officer climbed through his wrecked carriage and talked to him to keep him conscious until paramedics got to them.
Legal browser ?
- Mine and Mineral Law
- Mineral Right
- Miner's Codes
- mingle confusedly
- Minima paena corporalis est major qualibet pecuniaria
- Minime mutanda sunt quae certam habuerent interpretationem
- minime suspicax
- minimum wage
- mining claim
- minister to
- ministerial act
- Ministerial trusts
- ministering angel
- minor amount
- Minor ante tempus agere non potest in casu proprietatis
- Minor broke into house, allegations of selling marijuana
- minor charged with alcohol use
- Minor minorem custodire non debet
- minor officer of the law
- minor part
- minor point
- Minor stole car
- minor under guardianship
- minor under protectorship
- minoris aestimare
- minoris facere
Full browser ?
- Ministerial Sisterhood, Unitarian Universalist
- Ministerial Steering Committee
- Ministerial trusts
- Ministerial Understanding
- Ministerie van Binnenlandse Zaken en Koninkrijksrelaties
- Ministerie van Defensie
- Ministerie van Economische Zaken
- Ministerie van Financiën
- Ministerie van Justitie
- Ministerie van Onderwijs, Cultuur en Wetenschappen
- Ministerie van Sociale Zaken en Werkgelegenheid
- Ministerie van Volkshuisvesting Ruimtelijke Ordening Milieubeheer
- Ministerie van Volkshuisvesting, Ruimtelijke Ordening en Milieubeheer
- Ministerieel Besluit
- ministering angel
- ministering angels
- ministering to
- Ministerio Británico para el Desarrollo Internacional
- Ministério da Administração Interna
- Ministério da Agricultura, Desenvolvimento Rural e Pescas
- Ministério da Ciência e Tecnologia
- Ministério da Educação
- Ministério da Educação e Cultura
- Ministério da Educação e Saúde Pública
- Ministerio da Justica
- Ministerio das Comunicacoes
- Ministério Das Minas E Energia
- Ministerio de Agricultura Ganadería Acuacultura y Pesca
- Ministerio de Agricultura Ganaderia y Alimentacion
- Ministerio de Agricultura y Ganaderia
- Ministerio de Ambiente y Recursos Naturales
- Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores y de Cooperacion
- Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovacion
- Ministerio de Ciencia Y Tecnologia
- Ministerio de Comercio Exterior
- Ministerio de Comunicación Transporte y Obras Públicas
- Ministerio de Comunicaciones Infraestructura y Vivienda
- Ministerio de Defensa de España
- Ministerio de Defensa Nacional
- Ministerio de Desarrollo Agropecuario
- Ministerio de Desarrollo Social
- Ministerio de Economía y Finanzas
- Ministerio de Economía y Finanzas Públicas
- Ministerio de Educación