References in classic literature ?
Well, yes - oh, you would intimate that her spirit has taken the post of ministering angel, and guards the fortunes of Wuthering Heights, even when her body is gone.
She is what your poet Scott 'ave said, a ministering angel thou.
Miss Twinkleton's fraudulent version tamely ran thus: 'Ever engaged to me with the consent of our parents on both sides, and the approbation of the silver-haired rector of the district,--said Edward, respectfully raising to his lips the taper fingers so skilful in embroidery, tambour, crochet, and other truly feminine arts,--let me call on thy papa ere to- morrow's dawn has sunk into the west, and propose a suburban establishment, lowly it may be, but within our means, where he will be always welcome as an evening guest, and where every arrangement shall invest economy, and constant interchange of scholastic acquirements with the attributes of the ministering angel to domestic bliss.
They were women who idolized their children, worshiped their husbands, and esteemed it a holy privilege to efface themselves as individuals and grow wings as ministering angels.
From my earliest recollection, I date the en- tertainment of a deep conviction that slavery would not always be able to hold me within its foul em- brace; and in the darkest hours of my career in slav- ery, this living word of faith and spirit of hope de- parted not from me, but remained like ministering angels to cheer me through the gloom.
He feels her superiority through every pore; he never before realised how absolutely inferior he is; he is abjectly polite, and contemptibly conciliatory; if a friend comes to see him, he eagerly praises her in case she should be listening behind the screen; he cannot call his soul his own, and, what is far more intolerable, neither is he sure that his body really belongs to him; he has read of ministering angels and the light touch of a woman's hand, but the day on which he can ring for his servant and put on his socks in private fills him with the same sort of wildness of joy that he felt as a homesick schoolboy at the end of his first term.
Earth had some very objectionable people in it; but, to make amends for that, all the women in heaven would be members of a prodigious committee that never quarrelled, with all the men in attendance on them as ministering angels.
Barnes' ministering angel transports him to the beginning of time and the cosmos when humanity was but a twinkle in God's cosmic eye.
Secondly, as outsider stories (nurses are in control); the nurse as a ministering angel or autonomous professional.
Thomas explains also why each and every person, including Adam and Christ, has an angel appointed to guard him, although in the case of Christ he says that "it was right that he should have not a guardian angel superior to him, but a ministering angel inferior to him.
Sandra Bullock is the ministering angel who finds her resistance weakening.
Instead of ministering angels who reveal God's love and mercy, we hear about "angel investors" or we gobble up foil-wrapped chocolate angels at Christmas.
Legal browser ?
- Mine and Mineral Law
- Mineral Right
- Miner's Codes
- mingle confusedly
- Minima paena corporalis est major qualibet pecuniaria
- Minime mutanda sunt quae certam habuerent interpretationem
- minime suspicax
- minimum wage
- mining claim
- minister to
- ministerial act
- Ministerial trusts
- ministering angel
- minor amount
- Minor ante tempus agere non potest in casu proprietatis
- Minor broke into house, allegations of selling marijuana
- minor charged with alcohol use
- Minor minorem custodire non debet
- minor officer of the law
- minor part
- minor point
- Minor stole car
- minor under guardianship
- minor under protectorship
- minoris aestimare
- minoris facere
Full browser ?
- Ministerial Sisterhood, Unitarian Universalist
- Ministerial Steering Committee
- Ministerial trusts
- Ministerial Understanding
- Ministerie van Binnenlandse Zaken en Koninkrijksrelaties
- Ministerie van Defensie
- Ministerie van Economische Zaken
- Ministerie van Financiën
- Ministerie van Justitie
- Ministerie van Onderwijs, Cultuur en Wetenschappen
- Ministerie van Sociale Zaken en Werkgelegenheid
- Ministerie van Volkshuisvesting Ruimtelijke Ordening Milieubeheer
- Ministerie van Volkshuisvesting, Ruimtelijke Ordening en Milieubeheer
- Ministerieel Besluit
- ministering angel
- ministering angels
- ministering to
- Ministerio Británico para el Desarrollo Internacional
- Ministério da Administração Interna
- Ministério da Agricultura, Desenvolvimento Rural e Pescas
- Ministério da Ciência e Tecnologia
- Ministério da Educação
- Ministério da Educação e Cultura
- Ministério da Educação e Saúde Pública
- Ministerio da Justica
- Ministerio das Comunicacoes
- Ministério Das Minas E Energia
- Ministerio de Agricultura Ganadería Acuacultura y Pesca
- Ministerio de Agricultura Ganaderia y Alimentacion
- Ministerio de Agricultura y Ganaderia
- Ministerio de Ambiente y Recursos Naturales
- Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores y de Cooperacion
- Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovacion
- Ministerio de Ciencia Y Tecnologia
- Ministerio de Comercio Exterior
- Ministerio de Comunicación Transporte y Obras Públicas
- Ministerio de Comunicaciones Infraestructura y Vivienda
- Ministerio de Defensa de España
- Ministerio de Defensa Nacional
- Ministerio de Desarrollo Agropecuario
- Ministerio de Desarrollo Social
- Ministerio de Economía y Finanzas
- Ministerio de Economía y Finanzas Públicas
- Ministerio de Educación