Mentioned in ?
- Beecher, Henry Ward
- Declaration of the Causes and Necessity of Taking up Arms
- Establishment Clause
- Gray, William Herbert, III
- Harmon, Judson
- Jackson, Jesse Louis, Sr.
- Lewis, John Robert
- Little-Collins, Ella Lee
- Lord Chancellor
- Marshall, John
- Paine, Robert Treat
- Powell, Adam Clayton, Jr.
References in classic literature ?
"Brott has refused to join with Letheringham in forming a ministry. It is rumoured even that a coalition was proposed, and that Brott would have nothing to do with it."
From these general signs you will readily discern a family man, harassed by vexations in his own household, worried by annoyances at the ministry, yet philosopher enough to take life as he found it; an honest man, loving his country and serving it, not concealing from himself the obstacles in the way of those who seek to do right; prudent, because he knew men; exquisitely courteous with women, of whom he asked nothing,--a man full of acquirements, affable with his inferiors, holding his equals at great distance, and dignified towards his superiors.
Xavier was soon to be appointed Master of petitions, and general-secretary at his ministry. From these lower steps of the ladder the young man would certainly rise to the higher ranks of the administration, possessed of a fortune and a name bequeathed to him in a certain will of which he, Monsieur Leprince, was cognizant.
It seemed to Rabourdin, in the first place, natural to unite the ministry of war with the ministry of the navy.
Under this plan the clerks of the court were charged with the system of loans, and the ministry of the interior with that of registration and the management of domains.
Never had Rabourdin seemed so anxious and preoccupied as he now did in the mornings as he walked from his house to the ministry, or at half- past four in the afternoon, when he returned.
But, I repeat, in many communities in the South the character of the ministry is being improved, and I believe that within the next two or three decades a very large proportion of the unworthy ones will have disappeared.
"Yea, truly," replied Roger Williams; "for the Governor consulted, respecting this matter, with my brethren in the ministry at Boston; and my opinion was likewise asked.
Major Effingham, in declining the liberal offers of the British ministry, had subjected himself to the suspicion of having attained his dotage, by all those who throng the avenues to court patronage, even in the remotest corners of that vast empire; but, when he thus voluntarily stripped himself of his great personal wealth, the remainder of the community seemed instinctively to adopt the conclusion also that he had reached a second childhood.
Educated for the Dissenting ministry, Defoe, a man of inexhaustible practical energy, engaged instead in several successive lines of business, and at the age of thirty-five, after various vicissitudes, was in prosperous circumstances.
Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin, and the next year, when the Queen died and the Tory ministry fell, he withdrew to Dublin, as he himself bitterly said, 'to die like a poisoned rat in a hole.'
Prime Minister Hun Sen on Monday dismissed the idea of creating a new 'ministry of national security' by separating the National Police from the Ministry of Interior as the ministry was not an institution 'without influence'.
Legal browser ?
- Minima paena corporalis est major qualibet pecuniaria
- Minime mutanda sunt quae certam habuerent interpretationem
- minime suspicax
- minimum wage
- mining claim
- minister to
- ministerial act
- Ministerial trusts
- ministering angel
- minor amount
- Minor ante tempus agere non potest in casu proprietatis
- Minor broke into house, allegations of selling marijuana
- minor charged with alcohol use
- Minor minorem custodire non debet
- minor officer of the law
- minor part
- minor point
- Minor stole car
- minor under guardianship
- minor under protectorship
- minoris aestimare
- minoris facere
- Minton, Sherman
Full browser ?
- Ministria e Kulturës, Rinisë dhe Sporteve
- Ministria e Mbrojtjes
- Ministria e Mjedisit
- Ministria e Mjedisit Dhe Planifikimit Hapësinor
- Ministria e Punës dhe Çështjeve Sociale
- Ministria e Punëve Të Jashtme
- Ministria e Pushtetit Vendor
- Ministria e Rendit Publik
- Ministria e Rregullimit Të Teritorit dhe Turizmit
- Ministria e Shëndetësisë
- Ministria e Transportit
- Ministria e Transportit Dhe Telekomunikacionit
- Ministria Për Arsim, Shkencë Dhe Teknologji
- Ministria Për Punë Dhe Mirëqenie Sociale
- Ministria Për Tregti Dhe Industri
- Ministries of Jesus
- Ministries to Christian Nationals, Inc
- Ministries United Silver Spring/Takoma Park
- Ministries United South Central Louisville
- Ministries Without Borders
- Ministries, Departments and Agencies
- Ministrstvo za Promet in Zveze
- Ministrstvo Za Zunanje
- Ministru Prezidenta Biedra Birojs
- Ministry (disambiguation)
- Ministry (disambiguation)
- Ministry (disambiguation)
- Ministry (government department)
- Ministry Among Arabic Nations
- Ministry and Professional Leadership
- Ministry Assistance of the Near Northwest Alliance
- Ministry Certificate Program
- Ministry Design Tampa
- Ministry Emergency Response Plan
- Ministry Expansion Fund
- Ministry for Antimonopoly Policy
- Ministry for Culture and Heritage
- Ministry for Environmental Protection
- Ministry for Environmental Protection and Nuclear Safety
- Ministry for Family and Social Solidarity
- Ministry for Foreign Affairs
- Ministry for Foreign Economic Relations Investment and Trade
- Ministry for Human Rights and Refugees
- Ministry for Infrastructure
- Ministry for International Veganism
- Ministry for Investment Industry and Information Technology
- Ministry for Justice and Home Affairs
- Ministry for Petroleum Production
- Ministry for Primary Industries
- Ministry for Reconstruction and Rural Development
- Ministry for Science and Medical Research
- Ministry for State Security
- Ministry for State Security (GDR)
- Ministry for the Environment