References in periodicals archive ?
In addition to these legislative efforts, the Office of the Attorney General in California has been prominent in bringing lawsuits against companies that misclassify their employees.
The current industry status quo is essentially to use an information-based approach, but the report found that such an approach, which has the potential to misclassify some of the biggest names in the international/regional markets, probably is insufficient to maintain the integrity and reputation of the Islamic fund management industry.
Specifically, Pennsylvania's law provides that anyone who "intentionally contracts with an employer knowing the employer intends to misclassify employees" is subject to the same penalties and remedies as an employer found to be in violation of the law.
Given these risks, why do businesses continue to misclassify individuals as contractors?
With no sense of what is already known about the environment or its perils, she is likely to misclassify what she sees--fearing the intimidating but harmless snake; ignoring the tiny lethal frog .
independent contractors) who perform labor or services for remuneration and to provide a special penalty for persons who misclassify employees as non-employees.
Employers who misclassify their workers are violating the state's laws and cheating their workers out of required pay, benefits and protections.
Enhanced testing would miss 6 of 40 patients with CAD and misclassify 12 of 60 without disease.
1) Specifically, I examine whether hyperlinking optimistic, unaudited information about a firm's prospects to audited financial statements that reflect industry-average performance leads investors to (1) misclassify unaudited information as audited, (2) inflate the credibility of the unaudited information, and (3) judge the firm's earnings potential to be higher, relative to viewing the same information in a hardcopy (paper) format.
The November 1990 report of the Government Operations Committee concluded that the prior-audit safe harbor of section 530 creates competitive disadvantages and provides protection against IRS reclassification to businesses that "blatantly" misclassify their workers.
Legal browser ?
- Miscarriage of Justice
- miscellaneous collection
- mischief rule
- misconduct oneself
- misdeed punishable by imprisonment
Full browser ?
- Miscible Accounting
- Miscible Fluids in Microgravity
- Miscible Interface Dynamics and Simulation
- miscible-phase displacement
- miscible-slug process
- Misclassified Planetary Nebula