References in periodicals archive ?
Trotter noted in 1951 still apply to the remains today, and the path forward to identifying the Cabanatuan remains must resolve both the commingling and the effects of prior misidentifications. A recent identification of an individual from Cabanatuan illustrates how historical research, anthropological analysis, and DNA are used to untangle the effects of commingling and account for past misidentifications.
Misinterpretations, misidentifications, and specimen defects were explicitly excluded before report changes were placed into this fourth category.
(83) The NIJ Guide's recommendations are designed to instruct law-enforcement personnel on how to conduct identifications in a way that reduces the likelihood of producing misidentifications. (84)
Table 4 types of delusional misidentification syndromes Syndrome Delusion Capgras syndrome Belief that a loved one has been replaced by an identical impostor Fregoli delusion Belief that different people are actually the same person in disguise Intermetamorphosis Belief that one has switched identities with another individual or that others believe the afflicted to be someone else Subjective doubles Belief there exists a double of oneself living a separate life Source: Reference 1 We consider and rule out other misidentification syndromes, including mirrored-self misidentification, a condition in which patients cannot recognize themselves (and sometimes others) in a mirror.
(44) Over the last thirty years, researchers have recognized the importance of eyewitness confidence and found that misidentifications would not be quite as problematic if the confidence of the witness was taken into account.
Although no errors (misidentifications) were reported in the initial administration of the test, reevaluation of the test sets resulted in two misidentifications by different analysts.
(12) During 2004, the "No Fly" and "Automatic Selectee" lists were the subject of increased media scrutiny for misidentifications. In some cases, these misidentifications included Members of Congress (e.g., Senator Edward Kennedy and Representatives John Lewis and Don Young).
Such misidentifications were happening ``dozens of times'' a day, he told the programme.
In a group of 157 patients with probable Alzheimer's disease (AD) and 31 with possible AD, the patients with psychotic symptoms formed a subtype with simple misidentifications, misidentification delusions, and hallucinations and another subtype with persecutory delusions (Am.
"There have clearly been two misidentifications and nobody can be certain that there have not been further misidentifications."
30 The IRS should also consider adopting a similar reasonable cause exception for misidentifications under section 1256ff)(1).
Arrojo's position neglects the fact that the underlying reason for erroneous convictions continues to be that of eyewitness misidentifications. One need only review the evidence established by the Innocence Project to recognize this fact.
Legal browser ?
- misleading advertisement
- misleading enlargement
- misleading notion
- misleading price
Full browser ?
- Mishra Dhatu Nigam Limited
- Mishshi Sespel
- Mishulin, Aleksandr
- Mishulin, Aleksandr Vasilevich
- Mishustin, Evgenii
- Mishustin, Evgenii Nikolaevich
- Misi Allah Bagi Dunia
- Misiano, Francesco
- misidentification syndrome
- MISIL ADP Replacement Project
- Misima Yukio