mn minor in consumption

Ask a Lawyer


Country: United States of America
State: Washington

I got a ticket for minor in consumption. They made me take a breathalyzer and it showed .12 I had nothing on me and was not driving, just standing outside. I am 20. I now realize I did not have to take a breathalyzer but didn't know that then. What are my rights now and what to do when I have to go to court?


Make sure you get counsel (or at least the public defender) to try to keep this off your record eventually--jail time is probably not likely if your record is very clear now. But having that arrest and/or a conviction on your record will make job-hunting etc. more difficult. Normally this could be negotiated down to some kind of court supervision or even be dismissed, etc.