References in periodicals archive ?
Virgil's Nisus puts just such a question to Euryalus:
Jeff Lloyd, Nisus Corporate Vice President of Research & Development and inventor of the product.
He will be the savior of low-lying Italy,/ for which maiden Camilla, Euryalus,/Turnus, and Nisus died of their wounds.
IN RESPONSE to WP Richards' letter "Birds Scared Away" (October 8), the sparrowhawk accipiter nisus is natively a woodland and hillside bird, albeit now commonly found widespread.
In this book, the Roman poet tells a story clearly inspired by Achilles and Patroclus, the episode of Nisus and his beloved Euryalus.
And this socio-ethical nisus has distinct Brentanian overtones.
113) Moreover, part of the dialogue deals with game culture, not in the context of unequal men and women, but in that of the unequally deserving male contestants in the games of the Aeneid 5, in which Aeneas justly rewards some (Euryalus and Diores), but courteously rewards others (Salius, Nisus, Acestes) who had not truly won.
One common brand name to look for is Nisus Bora-Care, but any pesticide with boric acid or borax listed as an active ingredient will do just fine.
CHEMICALS: disodium octaborate tetrahydrate was provided by Nisus Corporation in the form of a 40.
A crowd soon formed at Gosforth Social Services in Lansdowne Terrace East, Newcastle, around noon yesterday to see the Sparrowhawk, Latin name Accipiter nisus.
9) In imitation of great literary models (here Nisus and Euryalus in Virgil's Aeneid), (10) Giton grabs a razor, dramatically moves it to slash his throat, and falls to the ground, drop-dead.
Stephen Guy-Bray locates a Virgilian subtext in the Davideis by comparing the friendship between David and Jonathan to that of the loving pair Nisus and Euryalus in the Aeneid (35).
Legal browser ?
- Nil debet
- Nil facit error nominis
- Nil habuit in tenementis
- Nil tamere novandum
- Nimia subtilitas in jure reporbatur
- Nimium altercando veritas amiltitur
- Nimmer, Melville Bernard
- Nineteenth Amendment
- Ninety-Day Letter
- Ninth Amendment
- nip in the bud
- nisi prius
- Nisi prius roll
- Nixon, Richard Milhous
- Nixon, United States v.
- NLRB v. Jones & Laughlin Steel Corp.
- No award
- No Bill
- no case to answer
- No Contest
- no decision
- No Fault
- no fault divorce
- no longer conventional
- no longer fashionable
- no longer in perfect condition
- no longer in style
- no longer in use
- no longer law
- no longer living
- no longer prevalent
- no longer stylish
- no longer young
- No man can hold the same land immediately of two several landlords
- No man is presumed to do anything against nature
- No man shall set up his infamy as a defence
- No man shall take by deed but parties
Full browser ?
- NIST SRMs
- NIST standard
- NIST Traceable Reference Materials
- Nista Nas Ne Sme Iznenaditi
- Nista Se Nece Dogoditi
- Nisus and Euryalus
- Nit (unit
- Nit (unit)
- Nit grass
- Nita Stewart Haley Memorial Library
- Nitabuch layer
- Nitabuch membrane