Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
Just as he found the letter of which he was in search, the nurse made her appearance.
'Well, nurse,' he said, 'you have had a windfall of luck.
She would be more comfortable here; and the English nurse might keep her company."
The nurse led the way--tall, lithe, graceful--attired in her uniform dress of neat black stuff, with plain linen collar and cuffs, and with the scarlet cross of the Geneva Convention embroidered on her left shoulder.
"But the Nurse," said the Candidate - "the Nurse will surely relate the touching incident wherever she goes, and perhaps write to her former master."
The nurse, with a choking "She heard!" stumbled toward the open door.
When they were within a dozen paces of each other, one of the women stopped for an instant, looked eagerly at the strange lady, shook off the nurse's grasp on her, and the next moment rushed into Miss Halcombe's arms.
The baby was lying with its head thrown back, stiffening itself in the nurse's arms, and would not take the plump breast offered it; and it never ceased screaming in spite of the double hushing of the wet-nurse and the other nurse, who was bending over her.
"I dare not insist," said the nurse. "She is too ill.
Just then she heard feet almost running down the corridor and her door opened and the nurse came in.
Now we must go back to the King's son after he had been put in charge of the nurse. One evening, after she had lit a candle and was holding the child, several planks sprang up in the floor of the room, and out at the opening came a beautiful woman dressed in white, with an iron belt round her waist, to which was fastened an iron chain that went down into the ground.
"I've come to sit with you a bit, Masha," said the nurse, "and here I've brought the prince's wedding candles to light before his saint, my angel," she said with a sigh.
Legal browser ?
- nunc pro tunc
- nuncupative will
- Nunquam fictio sine lege
- Nunquam indebitatus
- Nuper obiit
- nuptial agreements
- nuptial bond
- nuptial state
- nuptial tie
- Nuptias non concubitas
- Nuremberg Trials
- Nurse contract
- Nurse convicted of DUI
- nursery education
- nursing home
- nurture a belief
- oath of allegiance
Full browser ?
- Nürnberger Frühjahrssymposium Plastische Chirurgie
- Nurov, Rabadan
- Nurpeis Baiganin
- Nurpeisov, Abdizhamil
- Nurpeisov, Abdizhamil Karimovich
- nurse (one's) drink
- nurse (someone or something) back to health
- nurse (someone or something) through (something)
- nurse a drink
- nurse a grudge
- nurse a grudge (against one)
- nurse a serpent in (one's) bosom
- nurse a serpent in bosom
- nurse a serpent in her bosom
- nurse a serpent in his bosom
- nurse a serpent in my bosom
- nurse a serpent in our bosoms
- nurse a serpent in someone's bosom
- nurse a serpent in their bosom
- nurse a serpent in their bosoms
- nurse a serpent in your bosom
- nurse a snake in (one's) bosom
- nurse a snake in bosom
- nurse a snake in her bosom
- nurse a snake in his bosom
- nurse a snake in my bosom
- nurse a snake in our bosoms
- nurse a snake in someone's bosom
- nurse a snake in their bosom
- nurse a snake in their bosoms
- nurse a snake in your bosom
- nurse a viper in (one's) bosom
- nurse a viper in bosom
- nurse a viper in her bosom
- nurse a viper in his bosom