Mentioned in ?
- chain of evidence
- Civil Rights Movement
- Dred Scott v. Sandford
- enemy combatant
- Flag Salute Cases
- Frankfurter, Felix
- George Washington: Farewell Address
- Japanese American Evacuation Cases
- John F. Kennedy: Inaugural Address
- Sanger, Margaret Higgins
- Tammany Hall
- Texas v. Johnson
References in classic literature ?
In the flashing eyes of this patriotic child I read and accept the fiat of the Russian people.
And having assured himself that he had been understood, he rose amidst cheers and shouting and patriotic cries, and then flew up very swiftly and easily into the south-eastern sky, rising and falling with long, easy undulations in an extraordinarily wasp-like manner.
At that time enthusiasm for the Emperor Alexander's regime had weakened and a patriotic and anti-French tendency prevailed there, and this, together with his past and his intellect and his originality, at once made Prince Nicholas Bolkonski an object of particular respect to the Moscovites and the center of the Moscow opposition to the government.
They sang in chorus a patriotic song of the Land of Oz, in honor of their visitors, and Aunt Em was much impressed by these talking chickens.
It rests with him whether our friend Bransome here shall be proclaimed the greatest Foreign Minister that ever breathed, and whether I myself have a statue erected to me in Westminster Yard, which shall be crowned with a laurel wreath by patriotic young ladies on the morning of my anniversary.
Yours is certainly one of the most patriotic households, Sir Alfred, which I have entered," he declared.
He did not know that the TRANSCONTINENTAL had been staggering along precariously for years, that it was a fourth-rater, or tenth-rater, without standing, with a crazy circulation that partly rested on petty bullying and partly on patriotic appealing, and with advertisements that were scarcely more than charitable donations.
No," said the patriotic Miller, "I will employ no one who deserts his position in the hour of danger.
MEETING a fat and patriotic Statesman on his way to Washington to beseech the President for an office, an idle Tramp accosted him and begged twenty-five cents with which to buy a suit of clothes.
I didn't pan out particularly well those days--drank more whisky than was prescribed for me and didn't seem to care for my duty as a patriotic American citizen; so I took that pagan in, as a kind of cook.
And it shows, perhaps, the strength of English patriotic spirit that that story never took hold of English minds.
It was the work of Fraulein Mosebach, who had conceived the large and patriotic notion of winning back her cousins to the Fatherland by matrimony.
Legal browser ?
- Patient Information Advisory Group
- Patients' Rights
- Patria potestas
- Patria potestas in pietate debet
- patron of professional servies
- pattern after
- pattern bargaining
- pattern of words
Full browser ?
- Patriot Conduct Of Fire Trainer
- PATRIOT Data Link
- Patriot Day
- Patriot Digital Information Link
- Patriot Engagement Zone
- Patriot Equity Credit Union
- Patriot Excalibur
- Patriot Fiber Optic Modem
- PATRIOT Field Surveillance Program
- Patriot Guard Riders
- Patriot Information Mailing List
- Patriot Intermediate Maintenance Instructional Trainer
- Patriot missile
- PATRIOT Missile Facility
- PATRIOT Missile Transmitter Facility
- Patriot News Online
- Patriot Organizational Maintenance Trainer
- Patriot Party
- PATRIOT Radar Emulator Test Tool
- Patriot Risk Management, Inc.
- Patriot Siberian Husky Rescue
- Patriot Tactical Operations Simulation
- Patriot's Day
- Patriot's Day
- Patriot's Day
- Patriotic Americans Boycotting Anti-American Hollywood
- Patriotic and Canteen Funds Board
- Patriotic Anti-Hitlerite Front PAF
- Patriotic Cover Exchange Club
- Patriotic Front
- Patriotic Front for Progress
- Patriotic Front of Laos
- Patriotic Millionaires for Fiscal Strength
- Patriotic Movement of Sint Maarten
- Patriotic Old Comrades League
- Patriotic Resistance Movement of South Sudan
- Patriotic Salvation Movement
- Patriotic Society
- Patriotic Sons of Mother India
- Patriotic Union of Bonaire
- Patriotic Union of Kurdistan
- Patriotic Unity Movement
- Patriotic War of 1812
- Patriotic War Veterans of Burma
- Patriotic Youth League